The Carrefour 2020 Thread

I see, standing down. :slight_smile: Explains the price I suppose.

I recommended this. It’s on sale for 69$ for 4 cans.
It tastes a bit like that orange flavor they used to sell.

4 Likes

Two choices Chevux D’Angle (Angel hair or very thin pasta noodles) and second one was Pate Nouilles (Flat Noodle strips).

1 Like

Any calories?

Yeah, it’s flavored soda with sugar, not sparkling water. It takes like fanta but less sweet.

Still there today at NewTaiwan$11

For anyone looking for peanut butter (as Costco has been flaky for peanut butter lately). Got some for the kids from Carrefour today after seeing it in the latest mailer.

2 Likes

2 weeks until all Jason’s convert into Carrefours :unamused:

5 Likes

Seriously?!? It’s happening this year? : o

Guy

Yeah I got some this week. The skippy natural one was the same price

I’m excited. Jason’s has been going downhill for years. They don’t even stock powered gravies anymore, for example.
This carrefour premium store will likely carry new products

Look, all I can do is speak from personal experience… the Carrefours near me suck. Especially the beer selection. It’s all above average, but boring and generic Belgian beers like Hoegaarden or that one with the monk on the label… which granted are still much better than the dreadful Family Mart shit like Heineken and (the imaginatively named) Taiwan Beer… but it still falls short of the wide range of American craft IPAs and Pale Ales I see at my local Jason’s. I’m rambling a bit. Anyway, point is there’s a lot Jason’s has that Carrefours doesn’t (and yes, vice versa too), so it’ll be a shame to lose all that great Jason’s only stock.

2 Likes

I agree with this, especially when I contrast what Jason buys with their high-end competitor CitySuper. We’ll basically have less choices. : (

Guy

Carrefour’s have great beers and they Carrefour markets tailor their assortment for the market

Carrefour will also be able to important more premium products now

Everyone keeps saying this, but there’s 3 Carrefours in my vicinity and they all suck. Maybe it’s just Carrefours in Kaohsiung that aren’t great?

Ahh, I don’t drink those fancy beers. I like Japanese beer so the 711 and PX Mart selection suits me just fine

1 Like

Nope. I go to Xindian and Ximenting. Nope nope.

In the past I went to the one in Tianmu. Now I just bite the bullet and do City Super.

What Carrefour doesn’t have anymore is their Big bottles of tonic water. Man they were awesome, one fifth of sugar of Schweppes, so can actually taste your gin and no need to have to sell a kidney to buy tonic tree. Was like 65 ntd for a liter bottle

1 Like

The Carrefour in Yilan is awesome, I hope it can pick up some of the stuff that Jasons sold too.

You can contact them and request they import whatever you want and they will do that for you. I’ve already requested powdered gravy and have been told it’s on the way!

1 Like