The Carrefour 2020 Thread

So with Jason’s and Wellcome being taken over … at the end of this year? Is that right? … is there anything worth grabbing on special at the moment? “Everything must go” sales at Taipei 101 or whatever? Do any of these Carrefour Premium places exist yet, and if so, do they have anything that’s otherwise tough to find?

The sale is moving forward. But according to the staff I chatted with at the still well-stocked Jason’s on Anhe Road in Taipei, they anticipate it will take a full two years to transition over into the Carrefour system. So at least for now it seems that the otherwise unavailable good stuff at Jason’s will remain available for a while longer.

Guy

2 Likes

I will have 5 Carrefour within a 5 minute walk of my house if this happens. I can’t see them keeping them all open.

In the upcoming 12 months, Carrefour plans to

• convert the Wellcome stores to the Market banner
  • convert Jasons stores to a Carrefour premium banner.
1 Like

And Wellcomes?

With premium stinky tofu …

Someone else said it’s actually not this year, but in a couple years. A stay of execution for Jason’s.

That was me, based on what a worker at the Anhe Road Jason’s in Taipei told me—they expect the transition to take about two years to come into being. May be faster though…

Guy