The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

Case numbers, not deaths.

Iā€™d like to believe you, but I donā€™t see how your reasoning and conclusions are based on evidence. It sounds more like ā€˜common senseā€™ groupthink.

Thatā€™s rich coming from someone who couldnā€™t grasp the fundamental concept of a video they posted.

I assure you Iā€™m able to grasp the fundamental concept. I just forgot what specific parameter they were modeling in the video in the week or two since I watched the full thing, misinterpreted the still images I checked while responding to your endless bad-faith arguments during a long day of work, and admitted as such immediately when you pointed it out.

You corrected me on a specific point; I accepted the correction. Thatā€™s how normal discussions with non-idiots are supposed to work. You know this already, and youā€™re lying again. Itā€™s a bit different from gullibly believing whatever OAN or Trump tells you, and from your deliberately misleading, agenda-driven posts in this thread.

2 Likes

Hang on a second. Did I even mention Trump in this thread? Did I indicate belief in whatever OAN says? Are these both your assumptions?

Which misleading posts?

What do you suppose my agenda is?

I donā€™t have the time to continue with this at the moment, sorry - even if you were able to listen and have a good-faith discussion, Iā€™m way behind on a book deadline.

Sure. Hope it goes well.

1 Like

And here we ago again. Round and round, over and over, two or three people have hijacked this thread and made it their personal debate arena.

Please donā€™t bury useful mask locations with your bickering.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re moaning about here, tbh. Nothing has been ā€œhijackedā€, any more than youā€™re hijacking the thread by complaining. The thing weā€™re discussing is 100% covered by the thread title (at least for the time being - if the mods want to go to the hassle of splitting the threads, itā€™s fine by me).

Nobody is forcing you to read or interact with every post, and masks have been readily available for months now. If itā€™s not interesting for you, ignore it. And if you need masks, go to a pharmacy, or order them through the NHI route, or use Shopee or whatever - itā€™s that simple. I havenā€™t seen a pharmacy without masks for several months now.

3 Likes

You are the one that said the pandemic was overā€¦Itā€™s notā€¦Itā€™s at record high numbers and deaths are increasing in many countries. You should move your posts to another thread.
Stop posting whacky nutter disinformation YouTube videos like above it doesnā€™t make you look smarter.

0:20
'we now know coronavirus is a normal flu virusā€™ :joy::joy:

And stop posting stuff without adding your own opinions.

1 Like

Cases are high, deaths are not high. Casedemic.

So now you admit the pandemic is not over .

Good.

PS the chart above stops Sept 8th, update it.

1 Like

Did I?

I said itā€™s not a pandemic anymore. Cases are high, deaths have virtually disappeared. With a few country exceptions itā€™s mostly ignorant hysteria fueled by politicians, media, general public, and people like you.

40,000 patients currently hospitalized in the US due to the virus. Thatā€™s not great.

No many countries have to go into partial/full lockdown again so their hospitals can maintain a few free beds for regular medical services. Deaths are going UP in many countries now

Not sure where youā€™re taking your data from, but deaths seem to be quite ā€œsteadyā€ over the last few weeks.

See WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard:

Weekly deaths per region. And of course - data quality might not be perfect. But I certainly think the WHO is more trustable than some randome YouTube videoā€¦

The video addresses that.

So cases exploding, deaths going up.
Yep you got a pandemic !

Are you trying to make a point?