The Frying Scotsman Chat Thread (Part 1)

Oh man, oh man. I’m drooling.

See your drool and raise you a stomach rumble.

Is it going to be a Basil Fawlty standard of customer treatment? This is a bit weak but at least a start, hopefully you can build some momentum toward some truly momentus standards of customer abuse. :slight_smile:

Is it going to be a Basil Fawlty standard of customer treatment? This is a bit weak but at least a start, hopefully you can build some momentum toward some truly momentus standards of customer abuse. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Definitely! Come on, mention The War! Mention the War!

I would particularly like to see vegetarian food like what a real chippie sells! Vegetarian pies, pasties, even veggie burgers! I don’t care about the oil; just give me veggie chippie food! I refuse to be left out. I’ll have the fried Mars bar and chips every week if I have to, but don’t even think about trying to exclude me. :fume:

I would particularly like to see vegetarian food like what a real chippie sells! Vegetarian pies, pasties, even veggie burgers! I don’t care about the oil; just give me veggie chippie food! I refuse to be left out. I’ll have the fried Mars bar and chips every week if I have to, but don’t even think about trying to exclude me. :fume:[/quote]

Oh man, Stray Dog. Don’t you get it? There’s a big sign on the door saying “NO VEGETARIANS”. Don’t you dare venture in, OK? You’ll get beaten up by the bouncers.

Then I will be DrunkMan: editor by day, but, by night, and after a few too many Guinesses, superhero who will take on anybody, especially chip-shop bouncers! :smiling_imp:

Hey man, it’s got to have that authentic feel to it :stuck_out_tongue:

You gotta be able to make that Viz Comics BLARRRG!! noise when you puke at the kerb out front…

I’m Roger Melly.

I’m Roger Melly.[/quote]

The Princess on the Telly…
Oh Lordy! It’s the…

The menu appears to be genuine according to the Scottish cooking rules.

I grew up on dishes originating in South Shields, that is not far from the Scottish food fare. Yorkshire pudding made with dripping etc.

I’ll look forward to sampling the fare.

And fried buddies?

In case anyone is interested, I went by the Frying Scotsman today and spoke to the very lovely “E” and his even lovelier wife, “I” (I’ll not name names in case they want some privacy).

If all goes well, the Frying Scotsman should open on Monday.

Good luck guys.

Thanks, “IS”.

“SD”

Update:
I am finally pleased to announce that at 4am this morning we were able to sort out the issues we have been having with the fryer, UK equipment and Taiwan services!
Whicjh means that I will be open this week for sure, I plan to open around Wednesday 14th, with 'Official Opening slated for Saturday 18th.
It is hoped that your patience will be justified although I am still having problems with covering lightbulbs in batter, as this makes the batter too light!

Looking forward to it myself, so hope you are

feel free to drop in for a slagging if you are passing

Good to hear! I’ll definitely be there on Saturday, if not earlier.

Good Luck Duncan, 18th in Glasgow or in Taipei (here Sat. is the 17th) :laughing:

Any actual reports yet??

I’m jonesing for a good fried haddock (or cod)

Is he really going to have haggis? Can it be true? I mean proper sheep haggis? And deep fried saveloy in batter? A proper sausage supper? I will be there OH DAMN!!! I’m going to a fecking barbecue on Saturday! Oh well… Sunday then.