The Funkiest Songs Ever!

It is high time I did this. This is the place for the best funk you can find. No crappy songs please! :no-no:
I could not think of a better way to start than with this guy…

I have seen these guys live. You should all be jealous of me.

Sly and the Family Stone: “Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)”

I was listening to this just earlier today.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]Sly and the Family Stone: “Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)”
.[/quote]
And a great cover:

[quote=“cranky laowai”]Sly and the Family Stone: “Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)”

I was listening to this just earlier today.[/quote]
Aw! Damn! I should have thought of that one in my original post. Good to see it early though :notworthy: !

Quod Erat Demonstrandum. You may close the topic now.

Good Lord I’ll be here all month putting down top tunes from my previous life. TOO many memories!

but to start

some very attractive violinists on stage with Barry in this one…

Michael Nesmith, pretty groovy fun song-also produced with minimal budget-black plastic, a light, and a fan. :slight_smile:

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah! Burn down da house! Burn down da house!

This is Talking Heads-Drugs

ain’t i clean?

“I Don’t Believe You Want to Get Up and Dance (Oops!)”, by some guys from my high school trippin’ on some of their cousin Bootsie’s grooves.

The Masters

[quote=“the chief”]The Masters

[/quote]
Aw, Damnit! Somebody beat me to Serpentine Fire. I was going to post it.
I remember one time when I was a disco in Portland Ore. This sexy girl was dancing in a cage above me when they played that song. It was then that I realized how cool Earth Wind and Fire are. IT WAS A DAMN EPIPHANY :sunglasses: !

You know in 2001 when they find a black obelisk and it means that there is some sort of leap forward for mankind?

Well that’s how I felt when I discovered this. From my top ten of all time tunes and memories of being off my swede as an 18 year old in Manc funk clubs.

Classic!

Betty Harris with The Meters

oh man… I miss my record collection :frowning: