The Good News Thread

MLB taking it more seriously now

1 Like

Genetic therapies finally becoming a reality for inherited diseases. A revolution in medicine is on the way.

1 Like

A miracle

1 Like

A Brazilian man in his mid-30s with HIV has gone into long-term remission after treatment with drugs alone, boosting hope of a cure for millions living with the virus.

It is thought to be the first case of a HIV patient going into remission following pharmaceutical treatment.

Good news.

Took a long time though, since Fauci first promised he’d deal with this back in the 80s.
Reminds me of some other virus he been going on about lately…

Anyway, still good to see this.

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

is that the cattle that 我家牛排 uses for its “steaks”?

Good for him. Don’t know why it won’t embed.

Already in his 90s when he enrolled for a degree in History and Philosophy at the University of Palermo, Paterno grew up loving books, but he never had the chance to study.

“I said, ‘that’s it, now or never,’ and so in 2017, I decided to enrol,” he told Reuters in his apartment in the Sicilian city of Palermo, which he rarely leaves nowadays due to his frailty.

https://widerimage.reuters.com/story/meet-italys-oldest-student-surviving-ww2-and-a-pandemic-to-graduate-at-96?utm_campaign=web-app-launch&utm_medium=banner&utm_source=rcom&utm_content=ros

1 Like

I love the story. From the article:

The beer was hardly the point, though. For guys like Pappas who had been having a tough deployment, after learning several old friends had died in combat, seeing Donohue, brews in hand, “gave me a lot of encouragement that I was going to make it back,” he told the Times.

“For half a century, I’ve been told I was full of it, to the point where I stopped even telling this story,” Donohue told the Times.

But even skeptics of Donohue’s story were happy to reward him for the deeper truth it contained. Back home in Inwood, he said, “I didn’t have to buy a beer for a long time.”

6 Likes

The internet: wow this guy was so kind and generous but now he’s broke :cry: let’s set up a GoFundMe to support him!
Chuck Feeney: GODDAMNIT!

1 Like

In other news:

1 Like

Gates to hell will close!