The Great Reset

The WEF state that one of the goals of this so-called Great Reset is to end extreme poverty by 2030.

Yay! They’re such good peeps :heart:

They claim their ‘Build Back Better’ program will help achieve this. They also state that the “Covid crisis” is a stimulus to reshape the entire world, so that they can end extreme poverty once and for all.

So how are the WEFfers doing on that particular front, so far?

Let’s see:

But never mind:

COVID created a new billionaire every 30 hours while many face extreme poverty, report says | Euronews “Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall.”

Published: 17th January 2022

New billionaire minted every 26 hours, as inequality contributes to the death of one person every four seconds

“The world’s ten richest men more than doubled their fortunes from $700 billion to $1.5 trillion —at a rate of $15,000 per second or $1.3 billion a day— during the first two years of a pandemic that has seen the incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall and over 160 million more people forced into poverty.”

The only people who believe the claptrap that comes out of the mouths of these elite leeches are the ones who sign up to become one of the wealthy exploiters. At the very least, if they’re not true believers, they pay lip service to the message, which is being disseminated as one voice, from the top down.

The Great Reset is specifically designed to ensure the very wealthy get even wealthier, are better protected from any revolution/ attack, and that an increasingly large majority get even poorer, more controlled and monitored, and less free. When you’re spending hours of one’s life lining up for masks, shots, all manner of police state-enforced bureacracy simply to exist in your metaversed pod-life, bank accounts digitized so they can shut you out of their systems at any time you don’t comply, or because you didn’t eat enough bug burgers that week, then you know the Great Resest is working as intended. Meanwhile, the elite live lives unfettered by any constraints at all.

Take what the WEF say, reverse the entire message, and that’s what is actually going on and will go on. Anyone who believes otherwise is a a chump, and/ or one of these evil-minded people, someone to avoid associating with altogether.

3 Likes

Yeah, the weirdest part of all this is not the parasite class screwing us over - which they’ve been doing since time immemorial - but the enthusiasm with which the self-appointed intellectual class have embraced it, and contribute in whatever small way they can to the rape of Civilisation. Without them, the WEF would just be a bunch of silly old men having pointless meetings.

3 Likes

They’re titillated by PROGRESS!! GREEN ENERGY!!! SAVE THE PLANET!!! HEALTHCARE!!! FREE STUFF!!!.

1 Like

There’s a certain element of that, but since it’s obvious to anyone with eyes and a few brain cells that that’s definitely not what’s on offer, it seems to be much worse than that. They seem to get genuine pleasure from watching the world burn (although perhaps that’s not a good metaphor, given the fuel situation).

Peer pressured into turning their noses up at sports, medicated into mundanity, jaded about getting the promised “good job” after graduation and distrustful of the neighbours. Yeah I can see why they’d want “change”.

1 Like

From what I can gather, from my own experience, most of this crew are cowards, and will kowtow to whatever powers are in control at the time.

Hence the push for carbon neutrality. It serves to assauge some guilt.

This is quite a broad brush. Could you provide some kind of examples? Cowards is a strong pejorative.

I’m taking ‘intellectual class’ as taking to mean the for-profit academics and scientists.

The pandemic itself was very much fueled by “research” conducted by materially motivated ‘intellectuals.’ There are too many examples to mention. Basically, the entire charade was scaffolded and serviced by these types.

I’ve never met an upper echelon academic (I mix with a few) that dared to speak out against those that paid their bills. It’s very very rare. Losing status, position, funding, etc. They’d rather go with the powers in charge than speak with the courage of their own convictions.

Not only did they not speak out, they joined the chorus for more restrictions, more mandates, etc.

I’m not sure how many PhDs are on FM, but if that small sample is anything to go by, I’m not recalling any that protested “pandemic measures.” If there are, then congrats to them.

Small minorities of intellectuals have indeed protested these things, but not many. They’ve been sidelined, banned, deplatformed, etc.

Coward: A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things. Oxford.

Sounds about right.

1 Like

Hopefully no Cultural Revolution or Year Zero is needed against ‘intellectuals’.

If you’re suggesting that every PhD, academic, scientist on Forumosa who didn’t protest pandemic measures is a coward, I think you need to take yourself down a few notches

1 Like

I’m reading

right now. A whole of intellectuals have historically been elbowed out of the discussion. That it’s happening now is no big surprise. The celebrity elite do more damage imo than myopic smart guys and gals arguing over microscopic split hairs.

The discussion this thread has turned into is at best which intellectuals are acceptable. I’ll wear contacts from now on.

1 Like

I’d hazard to guess that Finley was writing about a different group than true intellectuals. It’s how read it.

2 Likes

Intellectual is difficult to define. I accept that I am not a great one

3 Likes

Perhaps, and then there was…

Me, too. But it pays better than Starbucks and I enjoy the work

1 Like

No. Merely that

And then

So

Doesn’t apply.

However, your condescension is certainly noted.

He’ll have to chip in to clarify, I guess.

You forgot this one

And when asked for an example you wrote

Followed by

So my precious* comment stands.

*previous, but i like the typo

I wasn’t specifically referring here to people on FM. As far as I’m aware, FM intellectuals aren’t crafting public pandemic policy.