The Hopefully Mercifully VERY Short Jussie Smollett Trial Thread

That man is beyond belief.

Did they tickle him too?

Uhā€¦say what? :thinking:

1 Like
2 Likes

Now America can heal.

1 Like

Guilty on 5 out of 6 counts (not sure what the 6th count wasā€¦ not guilty of being a good actor?).

2 Likes

Ok, next trial is the white lady cop what gunned that dude in his car?

Count 1 accuses him of telling responding Chicago Police Officer Muhammed Baig at around 2:45 a.m. ā€” some 45 minutes after the purported attack ā€” that heā€™d been the victim of a hate crime. He said two attackers put a rope around his neck. GUILTY

Count 2 refers to Smollett telling the same officer he was a victim of a battery, describing attackers beating and pouring bleach on him. GUILTY

Counts 3 and 4 are when Smollett made the same claims but to a different officer, Kimberly Murray, later that morning ā€” at just before 6 a.m. GUILTY

Count 5 accuses Smollett of again telling Murray at around 7:15 p.m. that he was the victim of a battery. GUILTY

Count 6 refers to Smollett reporting on Feb. 14, 2019, to detective Robert Graves that heā€™d been a victim of an aggravated battery. NOT GUILTY

3 Likes

Poor Juicy, itā€™s a fine line between famous and infamous lol

Such a dope. Had a life of fame and fortune most of us could only dream of. But because he wasnā€™t quite as big as Donald Glover (who he was apparently jealous ofā€¦ thatā€™s why he also released a music album, which flopped), he pulled off the stupidest criminal plot this side of ā€˜Fargo.ā€™ Really :crossed_fingers: he gets prison time, but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d never heard of him until he pulled his stunt, never heard of Empire either.

7 Likes

I had heard of him and the show. He was mid-level famous; now heā€™s eternally infamous. Whoever said ā€œthereā€™s no such thing as bad publicityā€ didnā€™t know what they were talking about.

2 Likes

Maybe he can play himself in the movie.

Same. I still donā€™t know what Empire is and donā€™t care.

1 Like

As Dave Chapelle said, how many white dudes have heard of Empire?

6 Likes

4 Likes

I think I watched a couple of episodes and gave up, and I really like Terrence Howard. It was like a hip hop soap opera. I donā€™t even remember Smollett being in it.

1 Like

Terrence Howard is a good actor, but also pretty insane himself.

(Maybe Howard was behind that USA Today ā€œmath is racistā€ headline? :wink:)

2 Likes

Color me surprised! I guess it must be the gay thing.

Maybe you just shouldnā€™t stereotype them all with the same broad brush! Blacks can see through bullshit just as easily as white people, especially those who donā€™t define themselves first and foremost by their race and play racial politics (which would be the majority; the minority is just the loudest). No one was buying this twerpā€™s story except the usual Hollywood elite.

Honestly, you should drop your preconceived notions about how certain groups will react solely based on their skin color.

2 Likes