The K-man's finest hour(s)

What’s the “Gangs of Tianmu” FB page all about?

50 yr old lothario , there is hope for us yet.

1 Like

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aeas/201808110009.aspx Although I am certainly not a liberal when it comes to criminal justice, I kind of prefer the Canadian system when it comes to young offenders. He was 15 and certainly the crime was heinous, but I think at 18 the slate should be clean (as it is in Canaduh – young offender records are sealed).

In this article, it says his record is now clean. Isn`t there some confidentiality clause for things that happened as a youth?

1 Like

I thought this was the case also…
I’m almost 100% sure there is.

Is it normal that you can skip prison for only 150k for 5 months

Yeah I think it’s any sentence under 6 months can be commuted to a fine.

1 Like

K-man might have a challenger at the news. I don’t think they even have an editor there. I feel like I’m reading a junior high news report.

• He mixes up bus numbers. Is it 965 or 956???
  • Using words like “archaic” which is commonly used to describe things 1000 years or older, not a place like Jiufen.
  • 6:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Why the :00 on only one of those?
  • What the hell is “headway”? The headway is 30-40 minutes during peak hours and 40-60 minutes during off-peak hours.
  • He refers to the agency many times like “According to the agency”, but never explains who it is. What agency? Who are they?
  • Traditionally??? “The agency said traditionally people traveling”. Riding a bus a certain route is not a “long-established custom, practice, or belief”. Come on.
  • They don’t “have to” take. The just take. “such a single trip”? What does that mean?
    “have to take a train or take a bus at MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station to Ruifang Railway Station and then transfer to a bus for Jiufen or Jinguashi and that such a single trip takes about two hours.”
  • Then some random wikipedia pictures.
  • At least they have a picture of the bus “965” so maybe people aren’t confused from the news report.

What is wrong with that place over there Taiwan News? Who runs that show?

Edit: Any sentence that is appallingly written in Taiwan News , should be subject to a 6 month sentence ( or Fine).

Try to read Taiwan News About Us page. I don’t usually say stupid, but it’s stupid. I wonder if CEO Luis Ko knows the situation of how foolish they look to some people.

About Us

History
Taiwan News began publication in 1949 as “China News.” Founded by James Wei, It was the first English-language newspaper in Taiwan. Its ongoing mission is to report on both Taiwanese society as well as modern global trends, building a bridge of communication between cultures and nations.

In 1997, the newspaper was purchased by I-Mei Foods Co., Ltd CEO Luis Ko, who remains the publisher. The name was later changed to “Taiwan News” as the paper began to move its focus toward local news.

In order to continue to provide the best in coverage utilizing the most effective and efficient format, Taiwan News switched to an all-digital format in 2015. The shift to an online platform has enabled the news service to offer readers on the Internet the latest in breaking news on a continuous basis.

Taiwan News launched a new and improved website in the fall of 2016 with a streamlined, responsive design which includes a mobile-friendly version. The website now also has a complementary presence on the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus.

Reach

Taiwan News is now read in 176 countries around the globe and is one of the most widely visited English-language news portals for news about Taiwan, with an average of more than two million visits monthly, 80% of which come from abroad. Augmented by Chinese and French versions, the news site offers the outside world a revealing look at Taiwan while also keeping people in Taiwan informed on what is happening in other areas.

In addition to expatriates and students, the news site’s readership includes Taiwan’s Presidential Office, Legislature, Executive Yuan and all government ministries, as well as libraries, corporations, financial and securities institutions, and foreign airlines. Over the years, many diplomats and business leaders have contributed stories to Taiwan News.

Scope

Published under the motto “Voice of the people, Bridge to the world,” Taiwan News places great value on the voice of the people of Taiwan and tailors that voice to be heard by the rest of the world. Taiwan News provides an inside look at the worlds of politics, business and culture in Taiwan in what remains the best single source of information on what is happening in Taiwan and around the globe.

Taiwan News offers news on a wide range of stories on key events in Taiwan and around the world, presenting in-depth looks at the people, places and practices found in Taiwan.

Since Taiwan News has a long-standing connection with I Mei Foods, we also provide special reports on food safety that will explain the concepts behind the development and production of healthy, safe food products with first-hand information and stories from the industry.

Their editor email is a gmail account.

taiwannewseditor@gmail.com

Unprofessional to the max.

1 Like

With a corporate email (and not hotmail or gmail) comes corporate responsibility.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvLQX1kbIjQ

don’t know if it’s been posted before. apparently he has some chinese blood therefore had to take up kung fu, are you even chinese if you dont know your kung fu? what better way to practice that in a park with old ladies next to you and wearing a halloween costume you bought 20 years ago but fortunately looks similar enough to the thing bruce lee wore in one of his movies. it instantly makes you more authentic chinese.

and we also learn that his current gig must be the dream come true he worked so hard for.

2 Likes

God, what a clown. He’s like a bad caricature of an expat going native. And that cringe-worthy laowai accent… :confounded: (when locals do that obnoxious “laowai speaking Chinese” accent, that’s exactly what it sounds like)

1 Like

i find it quite funny to read about those expats who want to become part of the local culture so much, they totally lose it. k-man is just a skinny steven seagal imposter and the other infamous guy went even a step further going taiwanese aboriginal. i’m sure they had a meeting in their circle of friends assigning role for each other. you’ll go foraboriginal, you’ll go for shaolin master and you are the binglang eating taike as of now, jeremy!!

that’s 20 years of learning chinese in Ohio, please do not speak ill of the traditional chinese idiolect of Ohio!

It appears he’s spent the last several decades in China and Taiwan, so there’s no excuse for that wack Chinese. I think his main issue is that he’s basically incompetent in everything he does, as evinced by his atrocious writing, “mime in black pajamas” kung fu style, bad haircut (maybe he cuts it himself?) and spastic laowai Chinese.

1 Like

funny looks aside. i wonder how he got the job in the first place, from what i’ve seen he’s not a journalist nor has he experience in that field. and i’m quite sure there’s no lack of talent with proficient english&chinese knowledge in journalism. so i’m wondering, why him?

my only possible conclusions are, either he promised to do it for half the pay or the hr guy was a clever sob who knew this guy is bound to generate clicks because, honestly, can journalism get any worse? it’s not even journalism, it’s just translating articles into very bad english. Yes, I dare to say that even as a non-native english speaker

Those newspaper jobs involve bad hours (evenings) for very low pay. If you speak English and have a pulse, you’ve basically got the job.

ok, i’m not familiar with the average salary in that business. but he made himself quite a reputation for what he earns. if that’s his dream, let him.

but he actually only does translation work(maybe not even,just editing/sensationalizing). i can’t imagine he’s pulling overtime for that kind of crap.

Let’s just say significantly less than teaching English.

that’s a foreigner with a beijing accent.
likely studied in Commieland. not an accent of a foreigner who learned Chinese in taiwan.