The Morgue 2020

They said he was sick for 4 years. Poor guy filmed physically intense Marvel films like Black Panther and Infinity War while battling Stage 3 Cancer in secret. And he still did great!

8 Likes

Just 43 years old… :astonished:

1 Like

Astonishing. He kept his colon cancer secret from all but his closest friends and family for four years, underwent chemo and surgery, yet still carried on working in demanding roles.
That’s fucking brave. Respect and awe. :cry:

6 Likes

A message about Boseman from Angela Bassett.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I remember him playing when I was a kid.

Ugh, the Grim Reaper is busy lately… :disappointed:

1 Like

We’re at the age where they start keeling over. Nine of my family members and six of my good friends died over the last three years. Who’s next? Me or you?

I think you’re a little older than me…

God, I hope not.

My condolences…

My dad had one friend from high school and college who hadn’t died by the time he went last year. And two former business partners. The nice thing is that one former business partner (much younger than my dad) is retired in Taiwan and we are now friends. He’s also there for me as someone I can talk to about regarding anything. So very cool how that worked out.

5 Likes

It is amazing that this actor was able to keep working as long as he did with Cancer. I enjoyed his films very much and he was a good actor.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvM0g0kGK2M

To have Chadwick in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom at this historic juncture, what a treat.

And not a tear was shed

7 Likes

To give an idea about this evil piece of shit here’s a bit about a British guy who tragically sailed a yacht near Cambodia.

Tortured to the point where you admit to being a CIA spy, and your father was one too - in a signed document. God only knows what those bastards were doing to people in there.

2 Likes

Exactly. I visited Tuol Sleng prison a few years ago. I would estimate that more than half of us touring were crying by the end. Those are the only photos I took in Cambodia that I haven’t been able to post on social media. I just can’t relive it, and I was only a tourist.

This guy was stealing our oxygen for too many years as it was. Good riddance to garbage.

5 Likes
1 Like

https://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300057522/tragedy-cambodian-history

This is a good read on all of that, hard to stomach at times but well written and thorough.

2 Likes

a gentleman indeed

1 Like
1 Like

Shit, talk about a grand finale… :open_mouth: