The Morgue 2022

98 is a good run.

He wasn’t in Network. You are probably thinking Broadcast News.

1 Like

This one really hurts. Listened to his podcast every week for years.

5 Likes

Right. Totally blanked

A nice write up on Peng’s life appeared in the Taipei Times by two long-term supporters of Taiwan’s democratization, Gerrit and Mei-chin van der Wees:

Guy

2 Likes

Time to watch:

1 Like

I am more of a Bill Burr Philly rant guy, but Gottfried’s Aristocrats moment was special too. Bill Maher, whom I am not a big fan of, said it well on Kimmel. If comedians don’t step over the line, how do we know where the line is? Will he, Gilbert, be welcome in Heaven, I wonder.

:thinking: :slight_smile:

Gut punch. NY Islanders legend #22 Mike Bossy has died from lung cancer.

2 Likes

Two weeks after we lose George’s mom, we lose Jerry’s mom. :cry:

4 Likes

Wow. Just reading that headline (I didn’t read the article) plays up her greatness solely by the high profile men with whom she associated?
I’d punch someone for writing that shit about me.

4 Likes

Sad news. I was surprised to realize how young he was. I guess that’s a function of my age - the Islanders were the main dynasty when I was first becoming aware of hockey, and of course when you’re a kid any adult seems old.

I’m not sure which hockey line-mates I first became aware of - probably Bossy-Trottier, but maybe Gretzky-Kurri. Or possibly, as a Vancouverite, Smyl-Gradin.

2 Likes

You’d come back from the dead just to punch your obituarist? Damn, that’s next level! :ghost:

3 Likes

Loved those great Islander teams. With Trottier and Potvin, wow!

Mike Bossy, RIP.

Guy

1 Like

Alf?

1 Like

It would make a good fantasy story . Or horror story.

Jesus?

1 Like

Only this year.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow she started with Jimmy Hendrix …

1 Like