The New York State News and Politics Thread

What is this? If you please…

We are all guilty of this. But you knew that. :doh:

You should have seen what she said about Trump!

Once again, this is the Andrew Cuomo thread.

Like that Senator from Minnesota; the Democrats hushed that up and he’s still in power- what is his name, Frankenstein or something?

1 Like

So we can have a 20-post argument about Biden, but must not mention Trump because this is the Cuomo thread?
Get back to me when you’ve criticized all the posters commenting about other Democrats. Otherwise, someone might detect a leeetle bit of bias.

I am preempting a flag, since I got one yesterday on whataboutism on one of your posts with Trump. Although didn’t act on it, but a reminder, not everything is about Trump.

Of that? Everybody? God forbid, I’d go somewhere else :slight_smile:

The only part trump has in this is when he sent a ship to NYC and Cuomo refused to use it to house covid patients, instead sending them to nursing homes. Cuomo literally, knowingly, sent death to those places…and you have a boner for the Don. :doh:

Vice President Kamala Harris has so far remained silent about the sexual harassment allegations surrounding New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, even as members of her party have begun to distance themselves from the Democratic governor.

Harris was a vocal opponent of confirming Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh to the nation’s highest court when he faced allegations of his own, even saying she would support impeaching the justice after he was confirmed to the bench.

“Christine Blasey Ford, who literally had nothing to gain by coming forward … she looked at the fact that this guy was being nominated and said, ‘the American people had the right to know what I know,’ and she was treated like a criminal,” Harris told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow at the time.

“So yes, I call for impeachment,” Harris continued. “I believe that is the clearest way for us to get an investigation of these allegations, and we should open an investigation of these allegations.”

THIRD WOMAN ACCUSES GOV. ANDREW CUOMO OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT

Harris also expressed she believed the women who accused President Biden of inappropriate physical contact in the past.

“I believe them, and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it,” Harris said of Biden’s accusers.

They now wished they’d let him off
Seven Democratic senators now say they regret calling for Al Franken’s #MeToo resignation | Daily Mail Online

I have no idea how legit the sexual misconduct accusations are, but wow, he’s getting hit hard with everything now.

I find it odd that he is being hit harder for the sexual misconduct accusations than for the deaths of thousands of elderly that we’ve known about for the better part of a year. I also find it odd that those who backed the demonstrably false accusations against Kavanaugh and the relatively minor (though far more credible) allegations against Cuomo were largely silent against the more credible (than Kavanaugh’s) and more serious (than Cuomo’s) charges against Biden. Except Harris, of course, who was believing of Kavanaugh and accepting of the Biden accusations, but hasn’t commented on Cuomo (to my knowledge).

2 Likes

This is my main concern as well. Not saying sexual misconduct isn’t serious and shouldn’t be given some investigation, but the death of thousands and covering it up is the most serious issue at hand IMO.

1 Like

About that:

And most significantly, among many Democrats, there’s tremendous bitterness toward those who pressured Al Franken to leave the Senate in 2018 after he was accused of grabbing several women’s butts.

Aside from Franken, the person who paid the biggest political price for that episode was New York’s Kirsten Gillibrand, the first senator who called for Franken to step down. As Amber Phillips wrote in The Washington Post in 2019, while there are multiple reasons Gillibrand’s 2020 presidential bid sank, “one of the undeniable anchors for her was a sentiment among the Democratic base that she was the reason Al Franken got pushed out of the Senate.” So perhaps it’s not surprising that, rather than calling on Cuomo to step aside, Gillibrand has joined other Democrats in supporting an investigation.
— New York Times

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/541300-gillibrand-cuomo-allegations-completely-unacceptable

KG is a company man:

Gillibrand issued her statement after Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) called the allegations against Cuomo “very troubling.”

The dogpile continues.

The tension over the death count dated to the early weeks of the pandemic when Mr. Cuomo issued an order preventing nursing homes from turning away people discharged from the hospital after being treated for Covid-19. The order was similar to ones issued in other states aimed at preventing hospitals from becoming overwhelmed.

But by late spring, Republicans were suggesting that the order had caused a deadly spread of the virus in nursing homes. Mr. Cuomo disputed that it had. Still, critics and others seized on the way the state was publicly reporting deaths: Unlike other states, New York excluded residents who had been transferred to hospitals and died there, effectively cloaking how many nursing home residents had died of Covid-19.

The 33-page report, which was issued in July by the state Health Department, found Mr. Cuomo’s policies were not to blame, but it became a turning point in the Albany debate over the governor’s policies.

The day after the report was published, legislators began calling for hearings and requesting complete data. Public health officials criticized its approach. A think tank began seeking the data the next month, as did the Justice Department.

Health officials, nursing home operators and even some of Mr. Cuomo’s aides expressed bafflement at the governor’s apparent insistence on delaying the release of the data for so long, as none of the information released so far has changed the overall number of Covid-19 deaths in New York — now more than 47,000, including more than 15,000 nursing home residents.

But the July report allowed Mr. Cuomo to treat the nursing home issue as resolved last year, paving the way for him to focus on touting New York’s success in controlling the virus.

“I am now thinking about writing a book about what we went through,” Mr. Cuomo said four days after the report’s release, his first public comments about a possible book.

By that point, he was already seeking formal approval from a state ethics agency to earn outside income from book sales, according to a person with knowledge of his planning at the time.

So, let’s get this straight. Cuomo fudged the numbers from the beginning, after his death sentence EO sent covid patients to nursing homes. Then as the fudging was underway, he started looking into the legality of writing a book about what a great job he was doing in order to cover up what he was actually doing. Then he was given an Emmy for his performance.

1 Like

MOre and more and more:

In 2018, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made sexual harassment training mandatory for employees in the state as part of his anti-sexual harassment agenda.

In 2019, the governor skipped the training and instead had a staffer complete it for him, according to a woman who also worked for Cuomo at the time and has since accused him of sexual harassment.

Charlotte Bennett, 25, was the second woman to come forward with accusations against Cuomo, including that he asked her deeply personal sexual questions and made inappropriate comments about her sexual assault.

In an interview with CBS that aired Thursday and Friday, Bennett, a former aide to Cuomo, recounted her experiences, adding that Cuomo did not take the sexual harassment training in 2019.

“I was there. I heard [the office director] say, ‘I can’t believe I’m doing this for you’ and making a joke about the fact that she was completing the training for him,” Bennett told CBS. “And then I heard her at the end ask him to sign the certificate.”

In the wake of the allegations against him, Cuomo was asked by a reporter on Wednesday whether he had taken the sexual harassment training.

"Short answer is yes," Cuomo responded.

What’s the long answer?

1 Like

Uh, no.