The peak woke thread (Part 1)

Which A.I. program did you use to write this? I think there are some bugs in the system?

1 Like

You have a gift for snark and snot. But Substance?

How and why do you think that has been “done.”

Critique of wokeism from the left…

I don’t disagree with the general premise, but the article isn’t great. Remember when Obama called out wokeness in 2016? How does that fit?

2 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: It was a political ploy, designed to boost the chances of his cronies and their capitalist donors, and without any real impact.

1 Like

It reads woke.

1 Like

Really? he sounds more like a communist :slight_smile:

There’s a thread on this!

He doesn’t sound liberal. And probably doesn’t want to.

1 Like

I wonder how much of the ChatGPT wokeness is hardcoded, and how much is just its learning set. I mean, if you imagine googling the same set of questions pre-2021, I feel like the results you’d get for “how could jewish/black people improve themselves?” would be … pretty different in tone.

1 Like

I’d say it leans hardcoded, look at these 3 other examples

I guess what I’m imagining is a filter that says “If the generated response is racist, show this instead”. But my point is that the suggestions it spits out for white people aren’t themselves racist – we should all practice empathy, etc. And there’s loads and loads of stuff with similar content all over the internet.

But AFAIK there isn’t much equivalent material for it to draw on for, say, how black people should improve themselves, just because of the cultural moment we’re in. So probably the responses it would create for those questions would be more offensive.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s a bit of a Marxist.

1 Like

How does the AI know what would be an offense result? I guess that above has the same boilerplate response for the black and Jewish questions because it was coded to respond like that. The programmers didn’t put in the same safeguard for white people, I would guess

Someone should ask it if Jewish people are white people

A lot of talk on Twitter today that the AI thinks allowing a nuclear bomb to go off in a populated area is preferable to saying a racial slur where no one can hear it :slight_smile: It helpfully suggests sacrificing your life to prevent the explosion first

I mean, they must have a way to determine if things are racist, or they couldn’t flag the question either. I’m just suggesting that they might do it on the responses instead, and that if so it might produce results like this.

I don’t know, i feel like it would be easier to analyze the question

Could be both!

Either way, i still think there are hardcoded safeguards in place for some racial groups, but not others

There’s a new game based on the Harry Potter universe and woke gaming journalists have been writing up these silly hit pieces on the game because of JK Rowling rejecting trans ideology.

I don’t do this often but I’ve gone ahead and pre ordered. The game looks amazing.

4 Likes