The Photography Gear G.A.S. thread

In terms of features they’re very similar, but the sensor size is a pretty huge difference…as well as the cost/size of most lenses. the M line is more about compactness, the RF system is just the inevitable direction that Canon is taking with its full frame line.

Any other brand, fujifilm, Nikon, Sony etc

Is there a compact camera for say 30,000 that is better than the Canon M50 (which is around 20,000) (M50 fits my needs just want to know if there is something better)

Under 30k and compact you could have a look at Fuji (I’m not familiar with them, the lenses are great but the good ones are $$$) and Panasonic/Olympus.
With Pana/Oly you get a smaller sensor, which is bad in low light but good for overall system size (compact bodies, usually smaller lenses etc). A Panasonic GX9 with kit lens should be under 25k.

Fuji XT-30’s just been released. early reports are good.

I will have to do some research then!

Yes! And by the time you’re done, there will be new models on the market!

WELCOME TO HELL.

Tell me about it. Bought the XT-2. Next minute XT-3 is here. XT-2 is now selling for 22,000 second hand as everyone upgrades. .

is the XT-2 better than the Canon M50? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGOENmfALU

I think I am sold. Watched it with no sound AND skipped through 80%

wtf that thing is like $1400 for the body only

I am so over this

I said XT-30 not XT-3. Budget version.

1 Like

@IbisWtf

How do you check the shutter count of a Canon M50 and what number does it die at?

I don’t know how to find the shutter count, maybe something like Magic Lantern? Not sure, though

For entry level cameras I think the expected shutter life for all Canon cameras is 100k, but that’s a very pessimistic rating. The 6D shutter is rated for 100k actuations, last time I checked with Magic Lantern I was close to 300k

@IbisWtf why don’t you use a ef to m lens adapter with your M50? Then you can use your old lenses and not buy m series lenses.

I rarely use the adapter, my ef lenses are really unbalanced on a tiny body like the m50. I occasionally use it with the 70-300 L just for the extra reach when I want to take a photo of the moon of or the dogs playing in the rice fields near home.

1 Like

https://www.bigcamera.com.tw/goods_view.php?no=5368

42900nt, not bad.

1 Like

P_20190227_090218_vHDR_Auto

this is how EF lenses look next to an m50. It’s also one of the reasons why I want to wait before ibuy into the R system. The new f 2.8 RF lenses are more compact and lighter than their EF equivalents, so I’ll wait for the system to be complete and for prices to come down a little bit.

1 Like

限量組合: EOS RP + RF35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM 建議售價 NT$52,900元 (含稅)

So the kt with the 35mm macro f1.8 will offer a 5000 discount. That’s pretty neat!

It looks really nice.

Can you buy it right now?

Sooo how much is that with the kit before discount?

https://ecshweb.pchome.com.tw/search/v3.3/?q=canon%20rp&scope=all&sortParm=prc&sortOrder=ac&min=40000&max=100000