The Retarded News - a facepalm

1 Like

I wonder if she was set up?

1 Like

I know this is old, but I found the tagline hilarious:

2 Likes

Febreze kills.

Can we change this thread to “The Stupid News” or something else? I’m not much for moderation as it is so easily abused, but using a term for learning disabled people as a synonym for stupidity is insulting to a group of people that is largely not able to defend itself and is already the target of far too much abuse and scorn.

1 Like

retard

verb

past tense: retarded ; past participle: retarded

/rɪˈtɑːd/

1. delay or hold back in terms of progress or development.

You may be projecting your own inner feelings…

1 Like

Agree. Name is offensive.

You may be projecting your desired grasp of the English language because in the title it is used as an adjective. :rofl:

2 Likes

Please, don’t bring that disingenuous BS. That definition makes no sense for this topic, and if someone suggests otherwise it reflects very poorly on their honesty and intelligence.

1 Like

Thanks for telling me what I think. You may picture the mentally challenged. I don’t.

You wrote that with The Chicken Lady voice in your head, right?

Can the news defend itself?

If not, then the analogy holds. Those who can’t defend themselves should not go starting trouble.

There are two types of people who can’t defend themselves: those who are incapable by nature, and those are restrained by others. To illustrate the distinction:

Not precisely the same thing (and not nearly as well written as what you posted), but, related.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Euphemism for mocking the development disorders

It’s amazing. It’s almost as if writing is used to express thoughts. Or something.

The problem isn’t in calling a retarded person retarded, though there are more accurate and less offensive terms. The problem is calling someone of average intelligence (give or take) who makes incredibly stupid arguments or statements “retarded” as an insult. Of course you know this because you’re not retarded, though, to be fair, most retarded people I know also understand this.

1 Like

Well, when you find the will to express your own I’ll take notice.

1 Like

Reading is fundamental.

I find that argument weak. Anyone can be retarded. Stupid is as stupid does.

Anyone taking issue is just looking to be outraged or a snowflake, with the lone exceptions being calling an actual retard retarded or calling a normal person retarded in front of an actual retard.

You don’t think that learning disabled people or their relatives or friends visit this site?

I highly doubt any retarded people do.
Family and friends aren’t relevant as per my previous post.

1 Like