The robot revolution thread

So … is someone planning to haul those vile, sexist machines through the courts? They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it just because they’re not human. That would be, like discrimination or something. It would send all the wrong signals.

Looks like the robot revolution is on indefinite hold, ha ha. Not sure if bug or feature.

https://youtu.be/LikxFZZO2sk

2 Likes

The poor thing looks like it’s in a hurry to get to the toilet.

Or the White House. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/kHBcVlqpvZ8

3 Likes

That’s brilliant.

I wonder how much time the engineers spent on programming that, and whether they got paid for it.

I think it may have just evolved on its own.

I like where the grabbing hand does not move in 3D space while the body is dancing around.
In a year or so you will be able to buy this thing. But it will be very expensive.
This dance is just following a programmed choreography. But it also can react to outside influences like being pushed while walking.

Skyborg… so our future robot overlords would be the combination of skynet and the borgs… great.

1 Like

Resistance is futile.

You may want to dial down the attitude. They’re sure to be reading this thread.

I’ve been thinking, with XQ-58A Valkyrie and Skyborg being put in place, the future of fighter engagement will be drastically different. For example, in the future missiles guidance could be a combination of heat, laser and vision sensor system, and flares would be rendered useless.

That could even be applied to surface to air portable rocket systems, making it that much easier to down an expensive fighter with relatively cheap and mobile rocket launchers. Of course those fighters wouldn’t have people in them, making it “cheaper” compares to a downed plane with actual human pilots.

New defensive systems would need to be developed to replace simple flares and perhaps be a form of adversarial noise to fool AI assisted missile guidance systems.

A new AI arms race has already started, and it is definitely the start of a new era of warfare.

Almost there

2 Likes

Some one made a Chrome extension that automatically blocks a photo of Kaohsiung mayor Han Gouyu. The app of course uses a neural network to do this task, but since the author said in his github that he only used 60 training images, it’s only about 70% accurate, which can be quite hilarious when it fails.

2 Likes

He survived!
:scream:

Thank goodness he survived!

That really provides some perspective for all those people out there who hate their jobs. :astonished:

At least the press didn’t make any terrible headline puns with his surname and food on a stick . Still time for K-man :thinking: