The Taiwan Weather Thread 2020

Fantastic day today! Short sleeves in the park having just been maskless in Costco, throwing caution to the wind!

1 Like

My lord, you’ve got a death wish! Please tell me you at least had a glass of lukewarm water to balance the humors or whatever the f*** the reason is for not drinking cold water.

Go go go … did it today to crank up my weekly 100k average, and it was perfect with a jacket, a windjacket over it, and some gloves.

Just walked home from the gym after working up a good sweat. Hat, fleece jacket, light sweatpants, no socks. Even with the sweat it’s not terrible, not even out in teh wind. I did have the jacket zipped up to my chin.

Don’t know about y’all, but come July I’m going to want to swap the weather then for this evening’s weather. It’s really not that bad, not now anyway.

1 Like

That “weekly 100k” gave me a start! I read it as “100,000” rather than “100 kilometers”.

Yeah, I’ve only got a wind jacket, and I may not have even worn that in a few years. I am such a fair-weather part-time cyclist. But you’re right, I should definitely go, assuming the pollution doesn’t spike. Oh damn, just checked: it’s actually AQI 110 in Danshui right now, and forecast to remain above 100 until lunchtime tomorrow.

@bojack, yup, absolutely, this is a little chilly right now - just a little, and I’m kind of glad to be finally wearing a jacket - but it’s far preferable to the summer temperatures.

I had a mountain dew from Costco, with ice! Living on the edge today.

2 Likes

Colder than today.

But better go. It will start raining on Monday.

My office is warm but the building is so cold. Every time I run out to use the bathroom and my cheeks hit the ice cold toilet seat I cannot suppress a little yelp.

That’s when you China squat.

It is chilly. I am wearing warm clothes but still chilled working on the computer. Working from home does have its advantages including wearing the white fluffy robe over my clothes. Can’t do that in the office!

Ride out of Danshui!

Man, I wish I had the insulation you guys have. I’m out there in a base layer, fleece leg warmers, jersey, jacket and fleece collar. I think the only thing I’m missing is shoe covers. I made the mistake of buying the “knit” style shoe. I went out on Monday and the only thing that was cold were my toes and fingers.

Nonetheless, I think I’ll go out a bit later today. Weather looks good.

But I’m peeing orange highlighter fluid thanks to the phenazopyridine…that stuff stains. It’s also a little terrifying. I don’t wanna look at it.

Ha, that takes me back to my one and only dose of the c-l-a-p 25 years ago…those were the days.

Fuck, this is nasty.

Back in the days when @super_lucky had hair, before the fuckin WTO, this is the kind of weather when you could grab a bottle of Taiwan Rum for like NT$60 and dig in with a brown girl and a couple quilts and hot toddys and listen to ICRT play whole sides of Floyd and Yes.

I may have hallucinated that last part.

3 Likes

That time of the year with big temp differences between north and south. Also, the rain in north.

Blue sky spring-like afternoon in Taipei.

1 Like

NTD70. It was never 60. 60 was the cherry wine.

Sorry, I was bringin back empties.

Please note next week we get the cold front that Japan got. You know, the meter deep snow.

It’s gorgeous outside in Hsinchu. I was walking on a sidewalk in the sun and was tempted just to sprawl out and sun myself like a lizard for an hour or so. Just beautiful out.