The Taiwan Weather Thread 2020

That’s it. I’m heading out now for a coffee while the sun is still going strong.

Hot as hell in Tainan :frowning:

Enjoy. Rain coming our way.

Pity such a great laundry day.

Jeez, there’s actually been dew on my bike these last couple mornings.
You don’t see that very often.

I turned on the AC in my office due to no openable windows…

So is everyone braced for tomorrow? Forecast is weird: one app has temps dropping from now on, all night and continuing to do so through the day, bottoming out at 7 degrees tomorrow evening. Hard to believe after how warm it was today. The forecast is I think for cooler temps than we’ve yet seen this winter.

1 Like

I’m seeing 13 for Monday, but partly sunny. I actually turned the AC on today so I’ll be very surprised if these cold temps truly come to pass.

Next week it looks like it’ll warm back up, perhaps for good. Could be winter’s last gasp.

1 Like

Yeah, my guy shows a steady drop starting now to like 10 this time tomorrow.

1 Like

It is so hot a gecko is chirping. In the house.

1 Like

Not for long. Temperatures will be plunging in north Taiwan for the next couple of days, down to 11 by dinner time in Taipei City!

Guy

Just stepped out for a short walk in Hsinchu. Chilly, wet, windy, and I’m glad I wore a fleece jacket. A good day for chili and fresh cinnamon rolls.

3 Likes

Last day of Lantern Festival. I know where to find good cinnamon rolls -Heritage- but good chili…And close to Ximending…hmmmm…

Can’t get up with two cats on my legs. Not cold yet, just fresh.

2 Likes

The weather station I keep on the laundry-hanging deck outside says the relative humidity is 39%. Yesterday at this time it was ~90%.

Gotta be close to a record low. It’s cool outside but pleasant in the sun, even with the wind.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t remember being this cold in Taiwan and being in bright sunshine. Kinda cool. Going even colder tonight.

5 Likes

How sweet is this weather right now? Get out there and soak up some rays people.

1 Like

I’d like to point out that this morning in Yilan was Summer, and now I arrived in Taipei. Feelsbadman.

4 Likes

Hot, humid, beautiful in Kenting. Sweating at 630pm.

Get out there and get some sun today. Good for your immune system.

4 Likes

Looking for non crowded parks right now…

2 Likes

I’ve got a few secret places in Taipei for days like this.

I’d tell you where they are, but then they would no longer be secret. : D

Guy