The Taiwan Weather Thread 2020

The fruits and nuts state.

1 Like

Haha, fruits meaning gay and nuts meaning neurodivergent (just learnt that term so wanted to run it out)

No, bigot. California’s Central Valley is the country’s main producer of fruits and nuts. :sunglasses:

Dammit I walked right into that one. :wall: Classic rope a dope set up. Well played.

Don’t mess with the Iron Cow.

Due to climate change and the lack of water, that’s probably going to change. I still remember driving through rows of almond trees in Modesto with snow capped mountains in the background. It was really like a painting. Hard to imagine how much we have changed the landscape of California.

1 Like

We’ll see. The current situation is consistent with long-term drought cycles. Of course, water use has grown over the years.

I hope @IbisWtf is OK… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Wow one of my weather apps, Forecast Bar, is predicting a low of 3C on Wednesday and Thursday?! That’s gotta be off. Others are less shocking with lows of 7 or 8.

1 Like

Wunderground is currently forecasting a low of 7 in the Taipei basin.

Coastal areas are typically colder when these fronts arrive. But 3C! It may be time to ask fellow Tamsuite @Marco to contact some lawmakers to see what’s going on. :upside_down_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Ok, where is the sun that was promised?

Currently sunny with blue skies here.

Guy

Ditto Danshui. Lovely!

Ah yes, finally, Xindian, we have sunshine.

Anyone going to the doggie park?

Marco’s in Kaohsiung today. Haha

2 Likes

Take many pictures of sunny beaches. You can share when winter returns to gloom mode.

1 Like

Absolute cracker of a day if a bit muddy underfoot on the Maokong hiking trails.

Native iOS weather app is predicting a high AND low of 8 this coming Thursday. I’m becoming quite curious about this. Low of 8 is only mildly noteworthy here; high of 8 would be a big surprise.

Forecast Bar predicts high of 11, low of 3.

Could we get visible snow cover on Yangmingshan again?!

Today, anyway, was a lovely and welcome respite from the rain and clouds.

It means temperature does not go up during the day because the sun isn’t out.

It happens.

I felt a very sharp drop in temperature this evening. From no socks bit of sweat to where is my sweater and hay for bed.

And yes, there is a chance it will get really cold.

Snow in Xindian again? That is why I won’t move to Ankeng.

1 Like