The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

1 Like
3 Likes

Please visit our town often

3 Likes

They should be whining about lack of conservation and catchment areas.

Me too (though more like 300 metres). No waterproof either. That’s what you get for playing the odds.

I had a torrentshell jacket but nothing is really downpour proof except a head to toe poncho and Wellington boots.

I saw a foreign red haired bearded hiker on the MRT Monday night. Fully packed for camping. Still dry.

I saw a foreign red haired bearded dude stack his rental scooter here, about maybe 6 months ago. He wasn’t hurt. Might even be the same dude.

I saw a foreign red haired bearded dude digging his nose, like 12 months ago.

1 Like

Stuff like that gets imprinted in your memory.

Anyways, rain is over, 30 degrees forecast for tomorrow.

Fun is over. Sweat season is upon us.

2 Likes

Yea, the all pervasive high pressure system seems to really LOVE Taiwan. Why is that??

The reason all the typhoons keep missing Taiwan is because of those.

Or is someone controlling the weather?

It’s the Chinese, they built stuff to control the weather on their artificial islands.

Yes, its been hot. Now want the rains to cool it down.

1 Like

Alas, even the plum rains have been driven away from us.

Seems always nice, beautiful, hot sunny days. I wonder why rain keeps avoiding taiwan?

Been clouding over and raining fairly heavily in the evening for three or four days here in Taitung.

Here on the west coast still dry. Everyday we can see the rain clouds forming in the mountains, but the plains remain scorched.

But … but … at the start of the week my weather app was predicting several days with frequent thunderstorms! Did those not happen?

(They did not. Or at least not in Danshui. But same forecast for tomorrow morning!)

Nope. High pressure drove them far from us.