The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

Yet who can gaze at the sky when the beach below has been closed? :rofl:

Guy

Taipei tomorrow noon will feel like 41 degrees and no rain.

1 Like

Well today was nice while it lasted.

Guy

1 Like

Yes, back to normal time. BUT, we can maybe see some light ahead as its mid-September and only a few more weeks before it starts to cool down.

Nice day at Baishawan. Still a little too windy for traditional surfing or SUP, but the kite boarders will be out later this afternoon during high tide.

Kung Fu Master was back again demonstrating his ripped physique and mad martial arts skills. Girlfriend not impressed.

@Icon . Hairy chest enough for ya?

4 Likes

Woke up at 3am to a huge lightning storm here in Kaohsiung. Lightning flashes every 30 seconds or so, some of the thunder loud enough to shake the building. Rain pelting into the window.
I did appreciate the entertainment, especially after Chulthu avoided the area completely!

(Screengrab from one of the videos I took)

4 Likes

Why isnā€™t he wearing a mask?

2 Likes

The chest, yes, as well as the physique. But the shorts, manā€¦ Debatable.

1 Like

Yeah. I understand why he pulled them up, but it just looks like heā€™s wearing a baggy diaper.

Thatā€™s a no from me, dawg.

1 Like

Then ask him to take them off :wink:

Yeah, but the cops would certainly stop him/give him a ticket, if he was wearing a proper Speedo/Tanga rather than not wearing a mask. :rofl:

Reminds me of that famous Italian silver fox married to a Venezuelan beautyā€¦

Raining a bit, ainā€™t it?

1 Like

There is a lull here right now, even 5 mins of sunshine a couple of hours back, but yes, its a wee bit wet if one dares venture out. Seems a few places in Yilan County have had over 200mm since midnight.
And of course, the Long Weekend returnees this afternoon/evening will still contribute to the Tow Truck Drivers Picnic (and hopefully not the Ambulance Drivers workload).

Yeah, a little.

Itā€™s mellowed outā€”for now.

Guy

I headed out hiking and then had to take refuge in Nanshan Breeze. Lucky I had my Patagonia rain jacket with me.

1 Like

I wanna get one of those thick ones you drape over like a poncho, to go out walking in the rain.

Been steady rain and wind all day in Taitung, and still continuing.

Question: are we really going out tomorrow in this wind/rain?

I think I feel myself coming down with a coldā€¦ :wink:

1 Like