The Taiwan Weather Thread 2022

Not here.
The rain arrived and it’s no joke!
Suddenly everybody is looking for shelter and you won’t see one single soul trying their luck on the streets. And we are talking about a busy area of Daan District! :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :umbrella:

2 Likes

That’s what I just said… :thinking:

2 Likes

It is FINE up on the north coast.

Have a look at this weather.

2 Likes

Hey these pics are 4 days old!
We demand new pics or we won’t believe.
And since we are at it, think about our female fellows, too :wink:

2 Likes

The idiotic posing for IG is a huge turn off. Stop being so vain !

Directed to the subjects in the photos, not to Malcolm, despite the fact that said subjects are almost certainly not forumosans! lol

Guy

1 Like

Crap, I forgot that I posted those already. I’m getting old(er)!

3 Likes

I was the barefoot, sopping wet, white lady playing in the puddles down the length of riverside path from rainbow bridge to 大佳. It was a beautiful day.

7 Likes

Well done, @Bree !
Everything has a silver lining!

Did you feel that the weather in May was grimly unfun? If so, there are stats to back you up:

Taiwan’s weather was unusual in May this year, as the average daily hours of sunshine were at a record low, the Central Weather Bureau (CWB) said Tuesday.

Typically, Taiwan experiences an average 4.8 hours of sunshine per day in the month of May, but this year it was almost half of that number, at a record 2.5 hours, Lu Kuo-chen (呂國臣), head of CWB’s Weather Forecast Center, said at a news conference.

In total, there was sunshine for only 78.5 hours in Taiwan in May this year, compared to the average 148.8 hours for that month, Lu said.

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202206280016

Guy

1 Like

Funny, seemed nice down here…

As usual, I don’t think you guys in the south are the problem here. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

TSMC has definitely been a factor in the positive change in [economic] climate down here.

I think you might need to raise your camera up a bit if you want to catch the “weather”, Malcolm…

2 Likes

And it is not July.

4 Likes

Family rode U-bikes today on errands during the heat of the day down here.
Would never do that up north. Hot, but a nice breeze coming through the harbor.

The addition of the youbike system to Ktown is really nice isn’t it.

Guy

3 Likes

It really is.
Kaohsiung has the benefit of super-wide sidewalks, which are almost like double-lanes.
I lived in Taipei for 2 decades, and I know we could never U-bike as a family in Taipei downtown (not talking about river-side) at speeds that one can do down here, because of the expansive sidewalks.

3 Likes

To its credit, Taipei City has significantly widened sidewalks along some arteries: Xinsheng South Road, Fuxing South and North Road, Xinyi Road. They can still do better, but we’re at least taking a few steps in the Ktown direction. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

What I want to know is: summertime temperatures, how do they compare?

Both are hot as hell. Taipei is probably hotter due to the basin effect; the sun is probably stronger in Ktown because, you know, it’s Ktown.

Shaved ice desserts to cool down? Here Ktown wins hands down!

Guy

2 Likes