The Taiwan Weather Thread 2022

Just in case you didn’t notice.

Guy

1 Like

Guess who’s going hiking tomorrow?

This weather is bullocks. I came to the east coast to escape it, and it still found me! :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

North coast forecast.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure which is more dispiriting when waking up this Saturday morning: the covid news or the weather forecast.

2 Likes

I have many fond memories of Xindian Creek, which isn’t really a creek, overflowing the banks at Bitan and watching the duck boat guys resecuring their floaty platforms while other guys stood on the submerged sidewalk and fished. I’d take the train to see it now, but it’s raining.

3 Likes

It is raining pretty heavily here in Xindian. And it has been raining on and off all day.

You know what? I’m not feeling very jazzed about taking my dogs on their night walks in the rain this evening after seeing these FB posts from today.

7 Likes

Wanli got down to 4c a few times and the four heaters in the apt only warmed it to 7c. Concrete homes are hard to heat

Unlike here where it’s currently 6c but was 3c and the rooftops and our cars are iced up

But the wooden apts are easily heated to 20c as we keep it

1 Like

Well in wanli in winter we have 4 months of near constant rain of some sort mostly drizzle

I kinda like pounding rain myself the miserable drizzle is like a sniffle that won’t go away

Course 4 months of pounding rain will be Noah’s ark weather

2 Likes

Hope you’ve all had the chance to enjoy the nice temperatures and occasionally sunny skies today! Don’t get your hopes up for the start of the holiday.

4 Likes

It’s the lunar new year, aka time for some of northern Taiwan’s signature lousy winter weather! :upside_down_face:

Guy

3 Likes

Taiwan never fails to deliver garbage weather during LNY…

3 Likes

Actually last year - or was it 2020?- it was sunny … out of spite as the plague raged on.

2 Likes

Plenty of tickets left on the HSR. Plenty of hotels with rooms available down south.

2 Likes

Southwest Taiwan looks like the place to be this CNY week for chance of sunshine.

2 Likes

Wonder if I could head south on the HSR just as the masses are heading back north?

Someone help me out here with an ideal day!

Guy

I saw BLUE sky! :slightly_smiling_face:

Changed clothes, prepared to go out, it’s gone :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Still glimpses of it out there. Don’t give up! :rofl:

Guy

Can’t get up. Pinned down by all four cats. Help!

Turned on the dehumidifier, room at 89% humidity.

4 Likes