The Taiwan Weather Thread 2022

I’m waiting for two days of dry weather to get out on my bicycle again, after spraining my knee a few months ago, because I want the roads to be totally dry. I’ve been waiting a month now!

Sigh, I was hoping to be back up in the hills for the cherry blossom season, but that’s looking less and less likely by the day.

2 Likes

Tonight will be awesome to see the lantern festivals, either in Taipei or New Taipei. One is in Jiantan, the other in Sanchong.

Strangely, the cherry trees have not blossomed yet in Xindian. Dunno if Wulai. But Neihu and Tamsui are in full bloom and they set up lights so you can also go enjoy the trees at night.

1 Like

Guy

6 Likes

I saw this one last week on my way to buy groceries, and it brightened my day. :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Ok so it is bad this year. Average February, Taipei has 78 hours of sunshine; so far this February we’ve had under four.

4 Likes

Come south, four hours of sunshine most days before lunch time. (Photo from the New Years holiday)

7 Likes

2 Likes

This is some bullshit

1 Like

Indeed. In my Twitter feed a few minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/foreignersinTW/status/1493033010265931777

1 Like

Chart translation

The difference in sunshine hours between north and south is like heaven and hell

南北日照時數差有如天堂與地獄

6 Likes

There must be some way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
Gotta ride on Gaotie now
Just to get some relief

Guy

1 Like

I got out for a jog on dry asphalt at the local high school yesterday in Taipei before it came pelting down. First run in quite a while. Had to dodge idiot schoolkids playing volleyball on the running track when there were three courts free in the centre, but who’s complaining?

3 Likes

Helps to keep us on our toes, doesn’t it.

Guy

1 Like

So, what’s more preferable - riding your scooter in the heat of August with a mask on, or riding your scooter today in the rain with a mask on?

Youbike is an exercise option for the rainy season.

Not raining? Jump on youbike.

Starts raining? Dump the bike and hop on public transport anytime it’s to much rain.

2 Likes

No way is my mask on. Well OK it’s kind of on. But if you wear a mask in this you have to throw the mask away. Because it’s wet.

1 Like

Time to order that SADD lamp that someone suggested from Shopee…

1 Like

tumblr_o2fnc7JLxk1tq4of6o1_500

6 Likes

good translation![quote=“tango42, post:91, topic:215298, full:true”]
Chart translation

The difference in sunshine hours between north and south is like heaven and hell

南北日照時數差有如天堂與地獄
[/quote]