The Taiwan Weather Thread 2022

Yeah I’m talking about the ones that sit on the floor, which absolutely will not make your room colder as they pump out warmish air.

To minimize the size footprint, have a look at Japanese models including those from Panasonic. Japan’s homes are small too, and the design takes this into account.

I hope this helps!

Guy

A dehumidifier is a must in Taiwan. At least in the north. Some days we have it running 24 hours.

In my home, it’s all days running 24 hours.

Guy

Thanks for doing it. It’s good

Ha. I don’t know how much “Suck it 2016 me! You had it worse!” really helps my mood now.

I’m definitely curious how this month is going to rank for total hours of sunshine. It’s been awful, and windy.com shows no break in the rain as far as the forecast goes, currently to next Wednesday.

Chance of snow on Yangmingshan at the weekend, apparently.

In case you have not noticed:

Guy

Looking ahead to Friday: please please please …


Windy, rainy, coldest day of the year for me up on the north coast.

Currently 9.9°

Lowest was 9.8° at 09:27.

Going to take my dogs for a walk, then a hot shower after!

My stand-alone dehumidifier makes my small apartment a little warmer or at least seems to. A whirlpool model I bought from Costco about a year ago. Yeah, it’s another thing that takes up floor space but definitely worth it. Also helps eliminate mold.

Totally agree.

I can’t imagine living in northern Taiwan without a dehumidifier.

Guy


We may have a nice weekend ahead.

Dehumidifiers help keeping mold under some sort of control. But once mold is there, the spores won’t die we just a bit of dry air. At our place we regularly fight the mold wars. Bleach, alcohol, vinegar… are our weapons. Almost all exterior walls grow mold sooner or later.

Admittedly, I’ve never lived in a place that has snow, but it’s fucking cold today.

And I’ve just had a haircut.

Apparently Taiwanese people call this ‘Spring’.

Same 10 degrees here in Xindian. Non stop rain.

9 degrees at my pals’ in Songshan and Tianmu. Rainy and windy. I was supposed to meet them today. We all cancelled.

First one to cancel was a Finnish guy, who described this weather as “rotten”.

To me, this is the only real winter day so far. And I am from one of the warmest countries in Europe. The problem with Taiwan is the lack of isolation of buildings.

Yes, days like these it’s best to keep the razor blades on the highest shelf possible.

One would think that more people would make it warmer. Taiwan is quite densely populated. Hence I question your theory.

Sorry, typo. I meant lack of insulation.

I had a quick look at English-language news, hoping to at least see fun pictures of snow, but had no luck.

The final paragraph was an unfortunate rollercoaster:

Still, Taiwan could expect milder weather from Friday with mostly sunny skies …

:banana:

… in areas south of Taoyuan, Wu said.

:cry: