The This Is An Outrage thread

I think @Test is referring to discrimination laws. I wish it were true that everyone would act politely to each other without the need for a law to explicitly state one should not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation. Unfortunately, I am afraid that is just wishful thinking.

Is that what you think the USA should be doing wrt NK?
Color me shocked. :eek:

I’m a bit drunk, but I’ll read the thread again. I didn’t get the impression that was Test’s point.

Of course we need those laws. People are animals. Hello. We co-exist with each other in a very complicated imagined order. Key word. Imagined.

Not without rules. NY is about to pass a law that states you can’t lose your driver’s license over unpaid traffic tickets. The law on the books looks discriminatory to minorities I guess.

No one will just “act politely” if they don’t have to. There’s a reason people don’t yell and scream at work these days. Peoples gets scareded. Then people gets fired. Our rules, written into law and unwritten rules are changing all the time. Casual Friday is like every single day of the work year nowadays.

It’s all good though. Long as you’re not in the bottom quintile.

But the point is private discrimination should be protected under the umbrella of basic freedoms. Governmental agencies or publicly traded companies should not be able to discriminate because anyone can participate in government or own shares. But an owner of a private company wholly owns that said company and should have complete control of its policies.

I’m in business to make a buck clear and simple and if you’re not then you are really not interested in being a successful business. I only see one color green.
You do have the right to discriminate it’s called going out of business.
What’s wrong Sunshine don’t want to sell a Twinkie to a black kid?
Better yet do you even have a business?

Please read my posts carefully. I’m just giving examples, not expressing personal beliefs. I clearly stated the mentioned business should be forced out of business through social pressure, not through executive enforcement. The point is that personal opinions and beliefs should always be protected no matter how despicable they are as long as its a private enterprise.
As a private business owner, I should have the right to refuse entrance, service or goods in my privately owned business/property. I should be able to put signs up that say, “No Jews, blacks or Arabs!” if that’s my preference because it’s my business, not the publics.

So slavery, child molestation, zoophilia and a hundred other Despicable things should be protected because they are your personal beliefs.

Really why do you as a private Enterprise get the special rights shouldn’t I have them also as a personal individual.

Are you that ignorant or just trying to troll?
Clearly molestation and slavery infringe on the rights of others; it’s a choiceless condition. But blacks, Jews and Arabs are not forced to support my business.

Zoophilia? Whatever, animals aren’t people. You can do whatever you want with animals you own.

As long as your actions do not infringe upon the freedoms of others, go for it, no matter how despicable it may be. Or should be protected. Dealing with things socially undesirable is the price of freedom, similar to the way senseless murders are the price of having a well armed militia. It may suck sometimes, but it’s for the greater good.

Nut Job okay next

There are no special rights. Can that business owner demand the Arab open his home and let him sleep on his bed? No, because it’s private property. A private enterprise is also private property. The concept is quite simple. Please stop trolling and respond appropriately.

Well in reality you don’t have a business and I think that’s part of your problem you’re not living in reality

You see, that’s what is great about freedom. I can walk down the street calling you an ignorant assist and you can walk down the street calling me a nut job as long as neither of us cause physical harm to the other. Freedom of opinion and speech trumps anything else so long as both of our liberties are preserved.

Actually I have a very successful private business and happily provide service to any and all. I’m merely expressing the basic rights asshats like the bakery shop owner must be afforded no matter how despicable we both may think it is. I think that is the biggest issue the right has with the left. The left wants everything protected until it’s something they disagree with. Then it must be stopped. Freedom doesn’t work like that.

A good example is government surveillance. It’s well within the government’s rights to use facial recognition, eavesdrop on any communication that utilizes public infrastructure or register you on any list they wish so long as they don’t infringe upon your freedom. They can’t enter your home without a warrant and listen to private conversations but they can sit outside with high sensitivity mics or tap federally funded or publicly owned telecommunications lines.

My basic motto is that you gotta have stuff that sucks to have what’s cool, and overregulation always leads to misery and ruin.

Over-regulation that’s the exact same argument the slave owners used. Over-regulation used throughout history by bankers not once but twice in the last hundred years we see how well that turned out in 29 and 2008. Over-regulation a theme of the Dixie Democrats and the Democratic party throughout the Civil Rights battle.
It’s funny you keep quoting over-regulation as a lefty thing but throughout history Democrats have opposed over-regulation.
It’s only in the last 40 some-odd years that the Democrats have become more over-regulated and the Republicans have opposed it.
If we forget history we are doomed to repeat it.
On that note I will exercise my right to ignore you.

I find it amusing that you accept wiretaps facial-recognition eavesdropping tapping into your phone lines and electronic eavesdropping okay but you have a problem that you might have to serve black Arab or Jews.

Anyone can use the term to support their views, but we already discussed slavery. It clearly infringes upon the freedom of others.

I’m quite happy about the banking problems actually. People are responsible for their own financial decisions. I made out very,very well thanks to someone’s solution to those issues, too.

I live now, not 40 years ago. Overregulation sucks no matter where it comes from.

Why do you keep insinuating I would have similar views to asshats that would refuse services? You either have a very poor way with words or are being quite disingenuous.

Feel free to ignore. That’s your right.

You’re saying the same thing he is. It sounds like you think the place should be closed by the gov’t but he is saying the market will do it for them.

Illegal things should be illegal because they are illegal until they are made not so. If all despicable things were illegal and the only things that were against the law were despicable then I don’t think a lot of people would disagree with you.

It’s illegal to do so in many places, as you probably know. Let’s grant you this argument and say in 2019 no need for such laws exist. We have plenty of options and news travels quickly if a business won’t serve a certain category of people. However, would you grant that such laws could have been useful and perhaps even necessary at some point in recent history?

Yes and no. It should have never allowed involuntary servitude in the first place and then most of the problems would never have been as severe and would have been worked out through social pressures much earlier in history.
These are just stop gap measures that don’t really solve problems. They just create more problems that a pure libertarian system wouldn’t have at all, or at least to the same extent.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/GhvzMGDzt70
You think you private lives think nothing of the kind there is no true escape I’m watching all the time.
I am Perpetual I keep the country clean.

There’s nothing you can do about it!