The Worst Movies of All Time?

Jesus Bri, I was intending to add something about Pearl Harbor when I opened this thread. Yes, it was complete and utter tripe.

I wonder that sometimes about Showgirls, which I see from time to time for NT$39 on VCD. Am I missing an important cultural experience, the sort of thing that would help strengthen my bond to those in my native land? Is it so bad it’s good, or just bad, bad, bad?

And “From Justin to Kelly”…nothing like amateur singing talent (pick ten more and pay only a dime!) with a dash of bad acting and a sprig of cheesiness served in a chilled glass of a movie that should have stopped in its tracks. Whoever dreamed up some of these movies would have benefited from sleep deprivation.

Knock-Off by Van Damm
Anything Else - Woody Allen
The Core

Richard, i don’t remember joan chen in Street Fighter…which role did she play??

I do however, realize (the second time i saw the movie) that Kylie Minogue is in the movie! very nice.

I wonder that sometimes about Showgirls, which I see from time to time for NT$39 on VCD. Am I missing an important cultural experience, the sort of thing that would help strengthen my bond to those in my native land? Is it so bad it’s good, or just bad, bad, bad?[/quote]
Showgirls really is just bad, bad, bad.
Gigli is out now in the Asia 1 rental shops on VCD, not DVD. Maybe its so bad they didn’t even bother doing it on DVD. I suspect that its also just bad, bad, bad and bypasses the so bad its good category.

[quote=“sandman”]
Gigli is out now in the Asia 1 rental shops on VCD, not DVD. Maybe its so bad they didn’t even bother doing it on DVD.[/quote]

nah, every single bad movie is on DVDs, so same with Gigli.

Showgirls may be bad, but it does have showgirls.

[quote=“aceman”]
Richard, I don’t remember joan chen in Street Fighter…which role did she play??

I do however, realize (the second time I saw the movie) that Kylie Minogue is in the movie! very nice.[/quote]

It’s true, I checked it and it was Ming-na Wen and not Joan Chen. All these years I have had imaginary relations with the wrong celebrity. My fantasy life is nothing but a big fat lie. I am depressed.

The Worst of 2003 from Rotten Tomatoes

Don’t worry Ben and Jen fans, Googli is out to buy on DVD on Jan 19th. No need to order, I’m sure they’ll have loads left.

This must mean that all 22 are headed straight into the HBOAsia and Cinemax/Taiwan queues, then. Probably be billed in June 2004’s “Coming to Cinemax in July: Gigli!”

:swear:

just watch the sunday night movie on fox and you will certainly see a good example of an atrocious movie. no exceptions. did anyone really go to see any of those movies that fox now passes off as sunday night entertainment, or are they on just to help us unwind after the weekend and fall asleep?

In “Swept Away” Madonna plays a nasty bitch. Only problem is that Madonna actually “is” a nasty bitch. Such an awesome display of talentlessness as has ever graced the screen. Must be seen to be believed. I have it on DVD.

“Diabolique” was really bad.

[quote=“aceman”][quote=“Richardm”]
Street Fighter (1994) 3.1 (4358 votes) One of my favorite movies. Joan Chen is very sexy.

[/quote]

Richard, I don’t remember joan Chen in Street Fighter…which role did she play??

I do however, realize (the second time I saw the movie) that Kylie Minogue is in the movie! very nice.[/quote]

That is the only movie I have walked out on due to sheer boredom. And I managed to sit through Species, Sommersby and Exquisite Tenderness.

Not even Kylie could save it. That wasn’t J. Chen in it, it was Ming Na, who also starred in that other stinker One Night Stand.

The worst movies aren’t bad movies. Bad movies you can still have fun laughing at. No, the worst movies are mediocre crap like “She’s All That” that bore you to death with their averageness.

Many of you are too young to have had these inflicted on your brain…
“Four Flies on Gray Velvet” dir. Dario Argento 1971 A tedious nightmare of pretentious continental vomit
“Bug” 1975 Mutated cockroaches…need I say more? Did use the Brady Bunch house set too!
Anything with Don Knotts
“Under the Yum Yum Tree” 1963 Jack Lemmon tries to seduce Carrol Lynley zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
There are so many more back in the vaults!

I like She’s all that :blush: :blush: :blush:

Freddy Prinze Jr. is kinda cute :blush: :blush: :blush:

Shame on you!
I recorded The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and The Reluctant Astronaut from Cinemax here. I’m just hoping they show The Love God someday.

That’s classic cinema.