Tinder Dates in Taipei

Met him one day in the app. 2 years later, we’re now preparing for marriage :joy::joy::joy: we’re non-Taiwanese and have different nationalities by the way

3 Likes

When you meet her in a love hotel

I met a girl in Taiwan Tienmu that met her husband via Tinder. Good luck!

Why Tainan?

I met my wife on Tinder.

2 Likes

Roxy Vibe?

I wish.

Only need to sign in with Taiwan phone number now?

Facebook access/connection/visibility no longer required it seems?

Been like that for years.

10 Likes

I actually met my first serious girlfriend using Tinder in Taiwan as well as a couple of friends who I’m still in touch with. From my experience, getting matches in Taiwan is relatively easy compared to here in the UK where I have to swipe right dozens of times before I get past that first step. However, going to the next stage where you actually make meaningful conversation was a lot harder for me in Taiwan than it is here. I found the whole thing a massive pain in the arse and probably wouldn’t do it ever again.

1 Like

why would you want to do anything like that!

2 Likes

In the app? Or on dates?

Are you not supposed to make conversation on the Tinder app? How do you know if you want to meet with the other person if you don’t engage in conversation first?

1 Like

Clearly, you don’t know how to use Tinder :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can if you want to but not sure about “supposed to”.

I think people have different ways of deciding if they want to meet someone for a date or not, I guess meaningful could be interpreted in several ways too.

Are you sure you’re a dude? :thinking:

I’m so clueless when it comes to these things that I don’t know if this is a complete piss-take or a half-truth. To be fair, when I think back to how bad I was on Tinder (finding a girlfriend notwithstanding), it very well could be because I was sending proper messages and trying to have real conversations. So what are you supposed to do when a girl matches with you?

I have no idea. I’m old, and don’t know how to work this new-fangled technology.

In my humble experience, sending eggplant emoticons is probably not going to work, but if you swipe right on every photo and send enough eggplants, you’ll probably get laid eventually. There absolutely are some vapid girls with double-digit IQs who cannot spell and communicate entirely by means of emoticons, and no doubt some of them think an eggplant-based “hey, how you doin” is the height of sophistication.

Back in the day we didn’t have Tinder, just matchup websites. What worked for me was to pay for the premium listing (which basically puts your profile on the first few pages) and then just wait for women to approach you. Dunno if Tinder has that option.

Write a few messages, and depending on the girl, invite her home directly our out for a drink/bite and then home.

But jokes aside, you have the freedom to do whatever you want, the same as when you meet a person in the street.
If you are not looking for just hooking up, you might just chat a little longer, get to know the person, and take it slowly from there.
I noticed, however, that for relationship it works better to meet people in different setup, in real life I’d say - since on Tinder it gets tiring to chat for longer period of times, and expectations might be different.

1 Like