Too hot, too sunny, too humid ... the weather sucks 2012

I don’t know about any swimming pools, but there are countless great places for wild swimming in Wulai - in the Nanshi, Tonghou, Jiajiuliao, Ayu and Tonghou Streams, to name a few. The water’s clean and cool, the surroundings are gorgeous, and you won’t have to wear a swimming cap. In many of the more secluded places, you won’t have to wear anything at all.

If I could quote my colleagues comments on that issue… but we all want to keep our jobs. :s

And just to remind all to stay safe, 4 farmers dead due to the heat this week. :frowning:

I know many of us have plans for the wekend, but we gotta be careful: the temperature is going up dramatically. Next week, they are predicting highs over 35 degrees. Dress accordingly.

As to our situation, the greeting in our building nowdays is not “have you eaten?”, but “is it cool in your office?” People come from other agencies and their first words are “oh, it is cooler over there”.:frowning:

Yes, we get it. Taiwan is hot. You are hot. Your office is hot.

What did you expect to read in a thread called “too hot, too sunny, too humid… this weather sucks”? I love the artic cold of Taiwan in the Summer?

Well, as long as you and anyone else gets it and we don’t get any “I got heatstroke and I am in the hospital” thread or worse, I’m good, too!

What did you expect to read in a thread called “too hot, too sunny, too humid… this weather sucks”? I love the artic cold of Taiwan in the Summer?[/quote]

Well, jeez, a thread about the heat is one thing. A couple of identical posts from the same poster complaining about the heat and especially the office is another. But when it gets to a half-dozen, my tolerance for redundancy is tested.

I guess the best way to solve that problem is to simply exit such a mundane thread. Thanks.

Hi, I’m navillus. You may remember me from the “It’s cold and this weather rocks” thread.

I live in a little town next to the mountains where we rarely get a draft of wind. I was in Kenting last year and met some girls from Taipei. Found out that one of them had some relatives here. All she could talk about was how hot it was here.

As for getting used to the heat, I know/envy/hate some who have made the claim, but for me, after 14 years, I expect it will never happen. I realize I could stand to lose a few pounds, which I am sure would help a little, though I’m not rolly-polly fat. I think the ammount of body hair I have also contributes to my woes. A friend of mine who drrops by sometimes, seeing me shirtless and sweating, tells me I’d feel better if I took off the sweater and put on a T-shirt.

Ha, where are you guys from originally? I was just thinking about how cool it’s been around here (in the north, anyway) this year.

By the way, as far as adapting, those of you blasting your A/C’s will adapt much faster if you use the A/C less. Using the A/C just makes you feel hotter when you go outside.

I’m from Minnesota (with Scandanavian/German ancestry) and I LOVE the sun and the heat is alright also. I said it earlier and I don’t really understand but I think each person has their own temperature range that they are comfortable in. I’m affected by the cold more than most.

It’s really a beautiful day here in Taichung.

I’m from north-eastern Canada. Average temperature in January, -18.1 degrees Celcius. July average is 15.4.

I only use A/C when I sleep and then set the timer to go off a couple of hours later. I may wake up once during the night and repeat this. I don’t have it anywhere else in the house. The school has A/C in the classrooms but not the office.

I have gotten used to the heat in a way. I am used to being drenched in sweat. Doesn’t bother me in the least. My biggest gripe about summer is the rash, almost a burn, that I get if I am walking all day in the heat.

whatever…not using the AC makes you feel hotter when you are inside…this argument doesn’t really go anywhere does it?

…waiting impatiently for winter… :aiyo:

[quote=“the bear”]

whatever…not using the AC makes you feel hotter when you are inside…this argument doesn’t really go anywhere does it?[/quote]

Ha, I hear you, when I am home I just stay in front of the fan in my boxers, but I still think blasting the A/C makes going outside more miserable, and makes it harder for your body to adapt. Of course, I am only talking about at home…at work, that is a different story. If you want me to be an energetic teacher, turn on the A/C!

Lovely breeze through my office now coming through one side of the house and out the other. No need for even a fan.

laobon set a rule that one person is in charge of the A/C unit, and that it can only be turned on if the temperature is over 80F in the office.
Problem is that this person is usually the last person to show up at work, and I come in 20 minutes early and melt. By the time the A/C actually gets affective, I am dead to the world.

This is the time of year when I blast the AC and watch a lot of films where people are in the Bahamas or at pools or beaches, in the arctic, etc. :sunglasses: