Top Gun: Maverick

Please read about her life.

My wife is 4 and a half years older than me and…

… what the f***? Totally bonkers, bud. I think you’re generally pretty astute in your observations on life, but that’s a crock of shit if I’ve ever read one. I am definitely a fellow slave just like you.

1 Like

She sort of looks like what I would imagine a 62-year old lesbian bar owner with a history of drug and alcohol abuse from Florida would look like.

1 Like

Well you know relationships are give and take…you give and they TAKE.
My dad always said…“women, you can live without em…can’t kill em”
He was kidding i am sure .

How can you understand em? Case : I just took the laundry from the machine, two loads (complex has a wash room with coin machines) and dumped the clothes on the bed. ASked her to help me hang them up. Which she usually does and it takes all of five mins. Shes doing homework (shes in jr college near by) and refuses to help and storms out of the house (after throwing the mouse at me) grabbing her car keys and notebook. I know shes heading to starbucks nearby to do her homework.

Now, it actually takes longer for her to drive to starbucks, order something , sit down and start doing her homework than the five mins it would’ve taken to fold and hang the clothes from the wash. And i would be helping too, im not just leaving her to it.

But…women… What can you say? Some would have willingly stopped for a few mins and helped out. Its really a womans job to do the laundry in the first place if they are not working but I wash em and she usually folds em and she irons em so thats fair.

But?? whats up with the temper tantrum today? MC i guess?
Guess im on my own for dinner tonight :P, and i may just stick in CARS 3 which i rented from redbox and watch that.

Perhaps it is in your household (if you discussed it beforehand) but you shouldn’t generalize it :no_no:

1 Like

yeah old school, the man brings home the bacon (earns the money to pay for everything) the woman runs the house and keeps it in shape and prepares the food on the table for the husband and kids and pets to eat. times have changed . Now its a shared responsibility. AS long as the woman is also contributing financially to the equation i say. If not, then she should pull her weight more on the home front . Thats just me though.

AND thats not saying that THAT is actually happening where I live though :slight_smile: but one can wish.

And hereby lies the great male/female communication divide. Hint: it wasn´t you asking her to help with the clothes.

Yes that was a bit harsh. So much in the news lately about Harvey Weinstein and actresses saying it’s part of the business.

She had a rough life apparently.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/movies/how-top-gun-star-kelly-mcgillis-survived-sexual-assaults-to-live-a-quiet-normal-life/amp/

1 Like

This is quite unkind to say about a person.

1 Like

:100:

6 Likes

Gee maverick was delayed until now
Shiadoa was even around then to comment

Wifey doesn’t normally like this genre of movies but she went with me to the premier US showing tonight
At least premier in our area

Over all good movie

Jennifer Connolly looks good for her age but she does look a bit different than earlier life quite so
Tom aged pretty well really but has aged

Val Kilmer think he’s ill in real life

The original was still the original but this was a good sequel kept people glued to their seats

A good movie is one I will see again and this is one I will see again

3 Likes

But are there as much luscious homoerotic volleyball and lockerroom scenes as in OG Top Gun?

1 Like

He has had cancer and now can’t speak, some U.K. company developed a deep fake AI voice for him so he could be in the movie. I think he actually begged them to let him be in it as they didn’t even consider him.

1 Like

You will not be disappointed

1 Like

Just saw it! What a ride! Loved it!

And the Taiwan Flag is on the jacket!

Definitely watch it in the theater if you can.

2 Likes

Yes the Taiwan flag did not disappear !!

It was a good movie, saw it this evening and it was action all the way.

double posting - mea culpa, but this is a good write up i think

3 Likes