Top Gun: Maverick

Do you feel there was no room for any other personality in this film than Maverick? Every other character seemed to be a caricature.

While there’s certainly something stagnant about remakes like this, and the nameless enemy mission was beyond contrived, I really did enjoy the film. I think I have become a fighter jet geek overnight.

3 Likes

So did they just cut two versions of that scene for maximum revenue?

That would make total sense for that
Very short scene
Otherwise film can’t be shown in China

Yeah I agree the movie was all cruise/maverick everyone else was just part of the furniture

2 Likes

That was incredible
That cruise guy actually flies
Like a madman
He’s insane !!

What a ride though

4 Likes

Probably will be missing when the film is showing in China

1 Like

A couple of my friends helped design the darkstar jet in the movie. :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Ita based on the Blackbird S71 isnt it .The most amazing aircraft ever built in my opinion . You could do a whole movie on that itself.

Maybe it was answered already but why do they fly superhornets not F35s in the movie?

1 Like

The F35s were the enemy gen five ?

I think they were Russian gen 5.

Apparently not Russian but
F35s they say

1 Like

Interview 8 years ago
Poor Val’s not doing good these days

1 Like

He’s done a few other movies aswell, more like b movies. At least he is alive and kicking not like in the movie!

Not really.

Check out SR71 and SR72. SR71 was the fastest plane ever flown. The skin of the plane would glow red hot in flight at max speeds.

Fastest air breathing plane. The rear of the nacelles would get hot as hell from the engine at full blast, but the effect of aero heating from the high speeds isn’t nearly as dramatic as red hot (“only” 500F or so stagnation temp iirc).

2 Likes

But I was right about it being the basis for darkstar.

No (and your link didn’t claim / support that), other than that guys who drew it would be well aware of the 71.