Toronto van attack

Shouldn’t there be an “International news” section? It seems so odd to pick “International politics” for this kind of thing.
I think we have a few leaves here, hope your people back home are all ok.

2 Likes

Another one? do we know what the motivation was?

It happened in Canada, so I guess that any media reporting the motivations would be accused of propagating hate speech.

I heard a few mentions in some forums along these lines.

Apparently the suspect made a post online that said “the incel [involuntary celibate] has begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys.”

:man_facepalming: This thread is going to be a shit show, I just know it.

OK I’ll start.

The amount of mental gymnastics people are doing to play down the muslim angle on this, and play up the Toronto diversity angle is saddening.

1 Like

Really looking forward to get home tonight and jump on 4chan. I know I’ll have a gud time.

Shkreli made an offer to buy 4chan but they didn’t see his price

Links please.

1 Like

Kudos to the police officer for not shooting the suspect, despite his wish to the contrary. Good training.

1 Like

The UK version would have been something like:

“Shoot me! kill me!”
“I don’t have a gun!”
“…”

Killing these fuckers quickly is what they want, suicide by cop.
Good on the cop let’s see him roast in jail for the rest of his life.

According to the news and reports it would say it was a case of attempted suicide by cop. Ther was a similar case a few days ago in Münster/Germany. A man with mental health issues drove a van into a café.

It would be impossible to do such thing here if he doesn’t have a proper licence .

Start with what? I am still waiting.

Looks like angry white man who couldn’t get laid:
https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/988790539150540800

Sounds Armenian. If so, that might go some way to help explain the “playing down the muslim angle”.

1 Like

I completely disagree. Unless the officer had some knowledge that the object pulled on him was absolutely 100% not a gun, it goes against use of force training. This guy had obvious intent to kill, and had what appears to be a gun in his hand, and there are other bystanders coming out if the mall … Not good. It was just luck this didn’t turn out very badly.

Armenians are white now?

It’s in the Caucuses is it not.