Trying to find a girl I met in 2015

[quote=“MalcolmReynolds, post:40, topic:194625, full:true”]

This was over 20 years ago. I had only a vague memory of events (what I stated in my first post), but this has jarred my memory. My dad was on a business trip to Seoul, Korea where I was living at the time. I met him at the Hyatt Hotel. We had dinner and a few drinks. Then my girlfriend (who I more accurately called my “fling” above) comes by for our date. My dad excuses himself and tells me to charge things to his room (I’m not sure if he gave me a number or card or something to facilitate this). God bless his soul. My dad was really special. Being the good kid that I am, I didn’t go crazy with drinks and food that I charged to his room. I remember thinking later that I shouldn’t have worried about it because everything was on the company tab and my dad was never one to go crazy about food, drinks, nice company car, expense accounts, etc. Wow. All that just came back to me.

Edit: It was on that night that she and I made that promise to meet again. The meeting place was to be right there at the Hyatt bar/nightclub.

4 Likes

Sanchong or not, it’d be worth it if she’s that middle aged housewife in the Bridges of Madison County.

4 Likes

They’d give me access if if I took out another loan I bet.

True.

I am definitely that asshole. Never again.

If anything I want her to know I feel remorse for what I did, on the off chance hearing something like that from me might help her in the long run. I made her feel terrible about herself I fear. To contact her would very likely pick at old wounds that are best left alone by now, damage is long done. At the end of it all it probably is for my own selfish closure as well, I didn’t give her that luxury years ago and I don’t deserve it now.

Thanks all for your replies. It helps to read your thoughts on the issue, I probably won’t find her at the end of it all anyway, needle in the hay. It likely is for my own selfish emotional benefit that I want to contact her, as I evolve out of my neanderthal 20’s. I hope to hell she’s successful wherever she is. Take the lesson, and never ever again.

3 Likes

She only will remember the free apartment.

4 Likes

Seriously, putting a post on PTT is probably your best bet. Most younger Taiwanese use it. They certainly don’t read Forumosa. If she reads it, she can choose whether to contact you.

3 Likes

So now 5 years later you now miss a girl that you didn’t like too much before… Well, for what its worth. Girls usually don’t take kindly to rejection, so if i’m sure you are far in her dust right now.
And you should move on too.

5 Likes

DrewC wrote the first response, and it’s a good one.

I’ve had these feelings before. “I wish I could go back and … I wish I could tell her … I wonder where she is now?”

My experience: Dwelling on the past can be a road to stagnation and depression. Focusing on the future, and getting involved in something new (new love, new career, or anything that motivates you) makes the past seem insignificant.

Better to move into the future, leave the past in the past.

6 Likes

Perhaps let luck, chance, god, karma, fate etc bring the two of you together again? Or no more?

In my experience I have met people that I knew from the past in very unexpected places.

1 Like

Oh 2015 not 2005. well there IS a chance. Its not THAT long ago really. I bet she still remembers you.

But you got jack to go on though, you know jack about this girl (outside of the bedroom).

1 Like

very true but i usually meet up with people i didn’t want to meet :slight_smile:

1 Like

My experience, you’re stuck in one cosmic bubble of people and you’ll keep running into the same group of people again and again on this island. All you you need to do is stay in one place long enough.
I’ve used the internet to find a German/Swiss girl, an exchange student I was friendly with years ago. I narrowed her down because she was into English Style Horseback riding.
I’m curious how people find each other when everyone has the same last name and even the same first name.
Us.
Hire a detective.
Maybe she has a friend or sister.

FB, search photos, link to Alaska?

This thread is turning into a how-to for cyberstalkers…

9 Likes

Aren’t we all?

1 Like

Ah but what is life if one has not loved before? How do you know how to love the one you are with now if you didn’t learn to love someone else?

I think of things slightly differently.

And if you can’t be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you’re with

Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with
Love the one you’re with

2 Likes