Trying to understand what's important to Taiwanese men

Babies.

Worse.

Used brain!

1 Like

Worse.

Hooray!
Off to Indonesia we go!

OK, being serious now though. How are ABT guys worse?
If the Taiwanese guy you described isn’t that good, then I think we must be really seriously screwed lol.

There are different types of ABT guys.

There’s the assertive jock who’s always trying to prove himself and act like an a-hole.

Then there’s the stereotypically socially inept guy who can solve complex equations but can’t ask a girl out on a date.

There’s also my mate David.

5 Likes

And your mate would be the latter dude?

The word “also” excludes that possibility, no?

Forumosa needs a higher image upload limit thingy. My last gif wouldn’t upload, and it was far superior. So disappointing.

Wouldn’t a shy, gentle, awkward introvert be more suitable than a Taiwanese playboy banging ex-GFs behind your back?

What if Hanna could meet your mate? Just saying. What. If.

Good god, you are so embarrassing

2 Likes

He’s married.

He’s a terrible pool player.

The whole point of posting on this forum is to get embarrassed by trolls.

You see how trolls tried to viciously embarrass me on my thread. That only creates more entertainment for me and the lurkers. No embarrassment at all.

The behavior you’re describing is called “posting on Forumosa”

2 Likes

Now I will sincerely try to be helpful here.

Just like ABTs, I see two main types of Taiwanese men in Taiwan.

The nerdy, awkward, introverted type with poor social skills, but could make for an excellent husband (at least that’s what old Taiwanese people think).

The proud playboy who knows how to sweet talk and act cool, but may not be such a good husband.

Actually that’s oversimplified, but you get the idea that Taiwanese men want a lot of different things. Taiwan is a complicated country with complicated people. No simple answers here. You will just have to try your luck and (using your own words) use your brain.

I don’t need your help. This thread is over a year old. I figured out what I needed to figure out like 40 posts in.

1 Like

You used your brain!

So which kind are you? A little bit of both, perhaps?

Ask Hanna, who may not have a very high opinion of me.
Not sure which kind is worse from her point of view.

Why do people love stereotypes? Can’t accept the fact we’re all slightly different? Easier to deal with people if you don’t have to find their unique attributes?

2 Likes

Because they have some basis in truth.

Y’think?

Or do people define easily-understood stereotypes then try to fit everyone into one of these categories?

Yes I know it’s an old thread, yes I know the OP has moved on, but Taiwanese culture appears (to me) to prefer finding group definitions for people rather than viewing and treating them as individuals.

1 Like