TW fishing boat attacked close to the Philippines

A few things…

didn’t Manila send their envoy to apologize?

war with Taiwan? The Philippines has 4 (yes FOUR) fighter jets, this shit would be over in an hour.

put the Coast Guard guy in jail, and compensate the family.

Also, the Philippines has been bullied a lot lately, by China to the West, by Malaysia in the South, their territory is getting violated on the regular. Perhaps we have a bit of beaten dog syndrome here?

The Filipino government already admitted that the attack was performed by its coast guard and suspended those personnel involved. They weren’t attacked by pirates dressed as PCG.

[quote=“Maxxis”][quote=“Icon”]We were hacked! We were hacked!

Our stuff was deemed important enough to be hacked!!! We got recognition, I could cry…

(please read above statement with a lot of sarcasm).[/quote]

You are indeed very important Icon.

Off topic, every time I see a Latina on board the MRT to Xindian I always wonder if she is Icon from Forumosa…[/quote]

ahh…there walks amongst us some who have actually seen THE ICON !!! :discodance:

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]A few things…

war with Taiwan? The Philippines has 4 (yes FOUR) fighter jets, this shit would be over in an hour.

Also, the Philippines has been bullied a lot lately, by China to the West, by Malaysia in the South, their territory is getting violated on the regular. Perhaps we have a bit of beaten dog syndrome here?[/quote]

And one should know that both parties are essentially illegitimate Children of Uncle Sam ! And both kids have reported back to their parent who is keeping an eye on the situ but apparently making no (public) comment.

There may be some (non-public) comment going on tho.

The kids may have been told to simmer down.

Because both the TW Pres and the Phil Pres is appealing for calm now.

[quote=“tommy525”]

The kids may have been told to simmer down.

Because both the TW Pres and the Phil Pres is appealing for calm now.[/quote]

These are some dumb fraking kids if they needed to be told they should fight one another…

Well maybe TW should take over the Philippines. How bout that? And make everyone there a citizen. See how the Taiwanese would like that eh? haha.

And make Tagalog the official language. I’m all for that. Returning the island to Austronesians, a merger for the win. Putang ina to those Chinese communists bilat. (please don’t ban me, Pinoy mods, mahal kita!)

p.s. I’ve always wondered what the putang part of putang ina mo came from. Because the “ina mo” part of the phrase is the same as most Taiwanese aboriginal languages. Took me a while to realize it’s a conjugated form for the Spanish word puta.

whadaysay eh?

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2220328

[quote=“tommy525”]whadaysay eh?

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … id=2220328

Philippine government will conduct a full investigation, but chances of it being transparent is close to 0.

Also the Filipino president has came out to say that he will deal with this issue under the “one china” framework, meaning he will by pass talking directly to Taiwan. Such comments makes even a Philippine loving Taiwanese such as myself wish the Taiwanese navy will go out and wipe out the Philippine navy.

Well hes not going to get a lot of sympathy from the Chinese is he?

Yea, China has a lot more to not like the Philippines about…

Bad diplomacy all round. Philippine coast guard coming out and saying there won’t be an apology was a big “fuck you”. Unless they intentionally shot the guy AND think it was justified, how hard would it have been to say. “We are very sorry for the loss of life, it was never the intention of the Philippine coast guard to intentionally hurt anyone”.

Taiwans response.

Demand apology. Good.
Demand compensation. Ok, fair enough, but after an investigation. Get the facts first.
Demand the killer be brought to justice. Ok again, after an investigation.
Threaten not to hire more filipino workers. Fair enough too, if it comes out that there was no justification for the shooting AND there is no apology AND the guy is not brought to justice (if he needed to be).
Give three days for the demands to be met. No, this is disrespectful to the Philippine Government, ordering them to comply without respecting that they should be allowed to conduct an investigation, in their own time. Plus now, Ma has nowhere to go diplomatically IMO.

So I guess tonights deadline will come and go, without a satisfactory resolution and the ball will be back in Ma’s side of the court and Ma will be forced to stop using filipino workers for a while.

Hey, taiwan is quick to reciprocate with this:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/intl … lipino.htm

A stop on hiring of Filipino workers? Then who the fuck is going to look after the elderly, walk the dogs, pick up the kids, man the factories, clean the floors and basically do all the dirty work for these lazy bastards? And all for 16,000 a month.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foots.

They are called Indonesian workers, who far out number the Filipinos

[quote=“the bear”]A stop on hiring of Filipino workers? Then who the fuck is going to look after the elderly, walk the dogs, pick up the kids, man the factories, clean the floors and basically do all the dirty work for these lazy bastards? And all for 16,000 a month.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foots.[/quote]

I thought most of those are now Indonesians. Indonesians 41.32%, Vietnamese 21.57%, Filipino and Thai are continuously decreasing to 19.59% and 17.52%.

5, 6 years ago, all 4 countries were about 22%.

Not that I like this fact, but fact is there are less and less Pinoy workers here in Taiwan.

again, Ma wants to suspend new applications, not kicking everyone out, if the Philippine fails to meet his 3 demands.

[quote=“urodacus”] urodacus » 53 minutes ago
Hey, taiwan is quick to reciprocate with this:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/intl … lipino.htm[/quote]

traffic accident due to a flat tire V.S. machine gunned over 30 rounds… not even close…

Yeah. And how did Taiwanese employers realize that Indonesians (and Vietnamese and Cambodians) would make capable caregivers? From the last row between Manila and Taipei (according to my scorecard the last 2(?) disruptions were caused by the Philippines).

It wasn’t so long ago when there was a presumption that Taiwanese employers wouldn’t be able to communicate as effectively with other Southeast Asians as they seem to with Pinoys. While this may still be true to some extent, what is also true is that communicating with workers from other countries wasn’t all that bad after all.

I agree that cutting off workers from the Philippines is much more damaging for Taiwan. There is no shortage of supply on the Philippines side and no shortage of demand elsewhere in the world. Only Taiwan will feel the difference, and it’s unlikely to if it can get enough workers from other countries. It’s just a move for show, but it will contribute to the further degredation of Taiwan-Philippines relations.

Taiwan threatens to hold naval drill near Philippines

[quote]Taiwan stepped up pressure on Manila Tuesday, saying it would conduct a naval drill in waters near the Philippines if Manila did not officially apologise for the killing of a Taiwanese fisherman.

Taiwan has demanded the Philippines apologise by midnight Tuesday (1600 GMT) over the killing of the 65-year-old fisherman by coastguards last week or face a potential freeze in sending workers to the island.

The defence ministry said the military was prepared to conduct an exercise in the waters where Hung Shih-cheng of the 15-tonne Guang Ta Hsin 28 was shot Thursday.

“We’ve prepared ourselves and staging an exercise in the Bashi Channel is one of the military’s options,” he told [/quote]

Honestly, I don’t think helpful, further escalating a situation, that has already been unnecessarily escalated to include deadlines.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]A few things…

Also, the Philippines has been bullied a lot lately, by China to the West, by Malaysia in the South, their territory is getting violated on the regular. Perhaps we have a bit of beaten dog syndrome here?[/quote]

news said by military power ranking TW is ranked 18 and PH 31. said that in no time TW will destory PH’s military. not true?