US Citizen - Buy Crypto directly with TWD without transferring money to US Bank First?

I remember some China FUD in September 2017, shortly after I bought my first Bitcoin, went from 4.7k to 3k and I didn’t care at all, today felt much scarier but still holding.

2 Likes

The news is real, but their position hasn’t really changed. They are just doing their happy reminder thing as they ready their own digital yuan.

It’s real but it’s FUD, nothing has really changed , it’s coordinated with Reuter s reporters, same thing a couple of years back . Lots of money to go round and low risk as it’s an unregulated market.
The mass movement of BTC to exchanges is a dead giveaway…Not saying if wasn’t very frothy either.

So you’re saying the Bitcoin whales are the new Illuminati.

Excellent. :money_mouth_face:

I believe there are some speculators that move the market in step, yes. I have also watched the TV series Bilionaires. :grin:
But remember…The crypto market is not regulated…It is not so illegal to do stuff that is highly illegal on the stock market I.e. insider trading, media manipulation .

2 Likes

Imagine trading with a leverage today LMAO

https://cryptoquant.com/overview/full/247?window=day

1 Like

Exactly,I read about the movement onto exchanges before this happened. Seems they were right. I don’t sell because I’m a long term holder but if I was more of a trader I would have sold .

One factor could be DeFi loans unwinding as ETH collateral gets called in. Maybe that’s why ETH dropped even harder.

1 Like

It’s Bitcoin Whales vs Institutions: Who Shall Win the Ultimate Battle?

I would like to stick to the long-term holding, but man this was nerve-racking.

1 Like

Posted a day before the dump https://boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/35710754/hey-guys-insider-here-for-those-of-you-that-are

Blockquote
Hey guys, insider here. For those of you that are not busy mumu/bobo larping, and paying attention, there will be another announcement from China soon. Picture is semi related. Can’t tell you guys what firm I work for, but it’s MASSIVE and it’s working with the PRC. The purpose of today’s press release alongside all the FUD posting is to get BTC as low as it can get before 7am UCT. First, there will be a coordinated sell-off to drop the prices below a certain threshold and liquidate one certain stakeholder (can’t outright say who he is but he bought a lot at the dip that he was partly responsible for). Once liquidated, the plan is then to buy up all the reserves and essentially leave him bankrupted. If you guys want to get rich, grab some coffee and watch for the big dip. Once it happens, things are going to get green really fast (we project 70k).

:rofl:

1 Like

It all depends on how many other firms are liquidated in the process. This is going to be big and fast. 35k limit order if you want to be safe, but you can probably go as low as 31.25k.

Posted a day before :face_with_monocle: so if true, BTC will climb back to 60k and above.

1 Like

If you guys say that what happened with PRC is BS then I have a hypothesis that this ‘whistleblower’ on 4chan may have created this panic sell.

(We’re seen what happened with GameStop so it is not impossible)

1 Like

Here we go again. Ether dropping under $2000 soon.

Do any of these TWD exchanges frequently lock accounts or anything?

As a first time buyer on their exchanges, is there a TWD limit where they’ll lock funds or make you do very long-winded ways of proving source of funds with reams of documents etc?

No I don’t think so.

1 Like

Maicoin no longer accepting foreigners? My account just got closed. I was sent an email stating only Taiwanese nationals can have accounts, but APRC holders can’t.

Wtf

What happened to your crypto?

Sorry upon checking I don’t think it’s every country, but obviously is mine (UK).

After contacting customer services, they said nationalities from the EEA are not allowed accounts, (the UK isn’t in the EEA anymore, but they’re still not allowed accounts for some reason).

And this is the email I got sent.

Dear user,

Sorry to inform you that your registration with our exchange is rejected due to applicable regulations in your country of residence. Your account is now closed and will no longer be accessible. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you are a Taiwanese national, and have Taiwanese National ID card(APRC is not allowed at this moment), please let us know and attach your photo to this email. We will remain your account active. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
MaiCoin/MAX Asset Exchange

I’ve been with them for 3 years but hadn’t used them in about a 18 months and had no funds in. When I contacted them to change my address, they stated my nationality was not allowed an account and closed it.