US Citizen - Buy Crypto directly with TWD without transferring money to US Bank First?

Jeez, I see. Give a call to BitoEx, or check their FAQ.

Okay it’s the following countries, plus UK…

From sign up page

I certify that I am 20 years of age or older and confirm NOT to be resident of, citizen of or located in a geographic area that is subject to Japan, United States, or EEA or any other sovereign country sanctions or embargoes, and don’t have any other affiliation to such sanction.

Has anyone here managed to get level 3 verification with Binance? I’m tearing my hair out here.

I’m struggling with proof of address. They don’t accept ARC. Don’t accept mobile bills. My utility bills only show customer number not a name. My bank e-statements don’t show my address. And now they’ve just rejected a notarized proof of address from my bank as it’s a certificate of balance not a bank statement.

I didn’t even try because I failed with the same thing on Coinbase.
Although what I do, use BitoEx, and transfer USDT to Binance (with 2USDT fee) and can do opposite if necessary.

I just worry if I send to my Binance that’s registered in the UK that the UK will try to fleece me for tax, that’s why I’m trying to get it changed to taiwan.

My bank statements show my name in English and address in Chinese, that did the trick for me.

1 Like

Which bank are you with?

HSBC
I think Cathay also has statements like that.

1 Like

I got level 2 verification with Binance after some work. For those that can use it, I find it much better than BitoEx as the fees are much lower for funding using P2P. The crypto withdrawal fees are much cheaper too.

Not a Taiwan bank account though? Are you buying by wiring money from Taiwan?
Do they link with HK bank accounts?

With Binance P2P lending you can deposit using your Taiwan bank. Caveat though, it’s essentially like localbitcoins, once you submit an order, you’re paying money into someone’s bank account in Taiwan, their USDT or whatever crypto you’re buying is locked up in escrow until you validate you’ve received it. You can also see the successful completed transactions of the seller to see if they’re trustworthy.

If you were to do a 40,000 NT deposit, you’d save around 600 NT in fees, as bitoex seems to charge around 2.5%, although they don’t state this anywhere on their website (they are very vague about this, even when contacting them directly.). You’d also save around another 600 NT because you don’t have to pay bitoex’s high fees to transfer the crypto to another exchange or wallet.

I’m not sure if they link with HK bank accounts, I’ll check.

1 Like

One more big caveat, for verification you’ll have to send a photo of your ARC card to the seller over Binance (unless you meet in person :neutral_face:). So watermark the hell out of it if you do.

1 Like

With P2P you can deposit via Faster Payments Service with your bank. Currently the buy rate is 7.8 HKD per USDT.

I see you can also deposit using EPay

Binance Opens Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) Fiat Gateway Through Epay | Binance

But I don’t know the fees for that.

1 Like

At some stage I hope to withdraw a large amount of fiat, not right now. Would be good to think about the best way to do it.

1 Like

I transfer USDT from BitoEx to Binance using TRX network and fee is 2 USDT

On my Bitoex it says it only supports ERC-20 and the fee is 18 USDT

Does it depend on verification? Is your profile fully verified?

Are you sure this is Bitoex? Your app layout looks different to mine.

Also here’s what it says on my desktop version.

2021-05-28 19_20_23

My profile has had all verification done.

Ah, always mixing them up. This is BitoPro (exchange), is connected to a wallet - BitoEx.

Ahh okay, can you withdraw to a Taiwan bank account directly with BitoPro? Using tron for USD-T transfer is so much better!