Venting

It is a high quality site. Style AND substance.

I don’t mean to alarm anyone, but I used to help make cookies that sometimes had a little bit of dog biscuit stuff in them. Back in the mid-1970s I worked for an outfit that mixed the dough for, among other things, multi-grain health-food-type cookies. It was owned by counterculture folks, but they were kind of absentee owners. It was a really small outfit, just me and another guy doing all the mixing, pouring, deliveries, and other work for $3.50 an hour, 15 cents above minimum wage. We were pretty much unsupervised.

The business was housed in a building that was about 100 years old, and it looked 100 years old, inside and out. There were rats and roaches, stink, scuzz, litter and debris, the whole nine yards. It was in a neighborhood that had a couple of wino/junkie rooming houses and some really rundown bars. Our shop was pretty easy to break into, and every now and then somebody would break in and get drunk or high and urinate or defecate in the shop.

To mix the cookie dough, we used an antique dough mixer that the co-owner must have picked up real cheap somewhere. If you just saw the dough mixer and the place where we made this stuff, maybe you wouldn’t want to eat the cookies. But we didn’t make or market the actual cookies. Another company made the cookies from our dough and put them in attractive packages, so if you saw them in the store you might want to pick some up.

Anyway, another thing we made was the mix for dog biscuits, from bone meal, water, and a brown powder that I couldn’t identify, and plenty of times we would mix the health cookies after mixing the dog-biscuit stuff without cleaning the mixer. I also remember we poured the cookie dough into these plastic drums using the same funnel that we used to gas up the forklift.

For a while, we were mixing doughnut dough, too. That stuff was good. It had a cinnamon-honey taste, and I used to scoop it up and eat it raw out of the mixer.

Anyway, I’m not saying your cookies have dog-biscuit mix in them. I’m just relating my experiences.

The above post is fiction.

I just pissed myself.
Down both legs.
:roflmao:

That’s payment for the endorphins I got from your “necktie party” post.

My mother. Is doing a college course. She has to do assignments. On a COMPUTER.

Today we went to Staples to buy a printer. That was ACE. Now I am teaching her how to use Open Office. Also funtastic. She’s so patient and listens to everything I say!

If it ain’t one thing, it’s yer mother.

My mother took a computer course once. After that course she would try to talk to me about using computers and sending e-mails over the interweb. Things got a little easier once I understood what she meant by “mashing the right button on the brain-thing.” Yes, that was AFTER her course.

I feel your pain.

talking of biscuits. Last time I was back my mum put out some orange or maybe it was lemon biscuits made by either the duke or prince or one of them. Really nice. Anybody know the name of those biscuits. they were meant to be organic and came in a black scottishy box. They be quite tasty those.

It could be worse. Zog Industries owns a combined health food store / crematorium in Berkeley called “The Circle of Life” and we make the health food out of rendered hippies. Well, more burnt than rendered actually.

Yes, my wife, boy and I visited that house. We got a great deal on British Air about ten years ago… Taipei to New York via London for NT$ 22,000. The deal required a stayover in London and so we did so twice. We stayed in Edward Lear’s old house near the British Museum on the way to NYC and in some place (damn… I cannot remember its significance, now) over by Speaker’s Corner at Hyde Park on the way back to Taiwan.

I always look for such places when we travel… I like nonsense verse and thus was happy to stay in Edward Lear’s old house and Sir John Soane’s house appealed to me easily, too.

Yes, my wife, boy and I visited that house. We got a great deal on British Air about ten years ago… Taipei to New York via London for NT$ 22,000. The deal required a stayover in London and so we did so twice. We stayed in Edward Lear’s old house near the British Museum on the way to NYC and in some place (damn… I cannot remember its significance, now) over by Speaker’s Corner at Hyde Park on the way back to Taiwan.

I always look for such places when we travel… I like nonsense verse and thus was happy to stay in Edward Lear’s old house and Sir John Soane’s house appealed to me easily, too.[/quote]

Cool. I’m gonna go look up where Edward Lears house is. If I could meet two historical figures in a pub they might well be Edward Lear and William Blake. I imagine Blake would punch Lear in frustration.

There once was a wordsmith named Blake,
Whose ire marked him down as a flake.
When I’d ask him: “What ho?”
He’d reply with a blow,
And I’d tend to my eye with a steak.

IIRC, EL’s house is on a side street just off Great Russell Street, on which the British Museum is situated… the side street is either the first or second street past the BM… Montague Street, or maybe Bedford Place? Its nothing to see, now. Just a bed & breakfast-type place. There is a pub on the corner near the main entrance (I think Museum Street and Great Russell Street) to the BM where Karl Marx used to drink. I think its called, simply, the British Museum Pub?

IIRC, EL’s house is on a side street just off the main road on which the British Museum is situated… the side street is either the first or second street past the BM. It might have been on Montague Street, or maybe Bedford Place? Its nothing to see, now. Just a bed & breakfast-type place. There is a pub on the corner near the main entrance (I think Museum Street and Great Russell Street) to the BM where Karl Marx used to drink. I think its called, simply, the British Museum Pub?[/quote]

Edward Lears house is on Seymour Street, according to google.
The boozer is the Museum Tavern. Was very very sick in there one day after eating a ‘hotdog’ outside the museum.

Sandman, you write that poem yerself? Tis a good un.

Ah… OK, you see, I’m a bit confused. EL’s place was over by Hyde Park and not by the British Museum, and we stayed there on our way back to Taipei rather than on the way to NYC.

No biggie. As long as you appreciate our culcha thats all that counts. (Disclaimer, yes the British Museum is full of artefacts we stole from the world, but that’s us innit, the Brits, a bunch of thieving apes. I pinched your wallet whilst you were reading this.)

Sorry, Tom. I forgot there would be the three of you.

Tom Hill is a hell of a cat,
Although Blake seems a bit of a prat,
If I can get out of this,
Without taking the piss

Shite. My muse has deserted me.

I always look for such places when we travel… I like nonsense verse and thus was happy to stay in Edward Lear’s old house and Sir John Soane’s house appealed to me easily, too.[/quote]

Cool. I’m gonna go look up where Edward Lears house is. If I could meet two historical figures in a pub they might well be Edward Lear and William Blake. I imagine Blake would punch Lear in frustration.[/quote]

Not me, man.
Mine would be Rubin “The Hurricane” Carter and the Count of Monte Cristo…giant fucking sandwich fight, like…

[quote=“the chief”]
Not me, man.
Mine would be Rubin “The Hurricane” Carter and the Count of Monte Cristo…giant fucking sandwich fight, like…[/quote]

Rubin DID kill those men. Turns out he is a total nut job.

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“the chief”]
Not me, man.
Mine would be Rubin “The Hurricane” Carter and the Count of Monte Cristo…giant fucking sandwich fight, like…[/quote]

Rubin DID kill those men. Turns out he is a total nut job.[/quote]

The sandwich dude?

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“TomHill”][quote=“the chief”]
Not me, man.

Rubin DID kill those men. Turns out he is a total nut job.[/quote]

The sandwich dude?[/quote]

That sandwich was named after Paul Reubens, PeeWee Hermans alter ego.