Wack Things in Taiwan 2019

If she runs off you can lump her with a big bill :joy:

2 Likes

This guy strolled into the park, sat down on the side and lit up.

3 Likes

Was out for a morning walk and came across a herd of zombies playing Pokemon. So surreal. Just a huge group of people of all ages, oblivious to each other, glued to their phones in a totally random location. Some even double or triple parked just to play.

6 Likes

Whack!! A park with grass!!!

1 Like

Saw a woman with a tray like in taiwan buffet/ikea/food court style with 5 phones playing Pokémon go with all of them simultaneously. She was more efficient than repetitive overworked factory workers from the Chaplin movies.

4 Likes

X

Danshui traffic.

Drove to Danshui from Taipei around 715am this morning. Traffic into Taipei on other side of road was literally stopped at a standstill all the way going into Taipei from Danshui MRT station and beyond.

Would hate that commute.

Is there a new road being built into danshui , periodically I hear stuff. Some wanted to run an expressway up the Riverside,thankfully that’s a no go.

Always rumors, never action.

I like Danshui, a lot. Being close to the big water and also close to Taipei… only if they could build the long promised bridge…

The bridge to Bali has been approved and will be built.

I heard about this long time ago. I think there is half of the construction abandoned there

The bridge is approved and budget allocated last I heard. The tram line will extend over it.

Well I have to double-check for more up to date info .

I have driven on that expressway up to Bali a few times. To be honest I hate that expressway with the trucks and the bends.

The bridge would be handy to get south to Taoyuan and Linkou.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2018/03/22/2003689799

1 Like

I’m very tempted to buzz someone on the intercom and ask for a soy double shot no whip cream Grande Latte and a warm cinnamon roll. For here.

3 Likes

Foreigners can get cards from Costco no problem if they are the right kind of foreigner. I tried it with my wife, who is Asian but not Chinese. They wouldn’t let me apply but handed her an application. She said that she wasn’t Taiwanese and they said it was ok. She re-confirmed that her passport was the same as mine and volunteered that she made less money each month. No problem.

I know of another couple (guy is Indian ethnicity, wife is some southeast Asian Chinese). He makes a seriously decent salary. She does not work. She got a card. He didn’t get the application.

4 Likes

Life’s too short for this grief. Guys just get the credit card in wife’s name and live to fight another day

1 Like

They are wankers, but what can you do. Don’t shop there or get the card through the wife and enjoy the shopping .

The credit card points are nice but not THAT nice …

No. I don’t have a wife and don’t intend on getting one anytime soon.

Marco’s not a province of anyone! Marco Independence!

7 Likes

Marco doesn’t spend much money shopping

1 Like

Marco is born on September 25th? Or May 1992?