Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

I’m sure there’ll be a civil case to follow. Which may cost a lot more.

You replying to me?!

That’s what the arrow says. Is there some subtle arrow-ambiguity that I missed?

Well, I didn’t call anyone a Ubiker.
You may need to adjust your arrow pointing settings…

3 Likes

Her voice IS a bit irritating.

How ‘wide’ are you?

Not, it’s owned by a Japanese company, leased by Evergreen.

1 Like

Ever Given is a Golden-class container ship, one of the largest container ships in the world. The ship is owned by Shoei Kisen Kaisha (a shipowning and leasing subsidiary of the large Japanese shipbuilding company Imabari Shipbuilding) :jp:, and is time chartered and operated by container transportation and shipping company Evergreen Marine headquartered in Luzhu District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan :taiwan:. Ever Given is registered in Panama :panama:, and its technical management is the responsibility of the German :de:ship management company Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM).

2 Likes

It’s like hotels, because your name is on doesn’t mean you operate it.

4 Likes

If I was more cynically minded I’d say that sounds like a ploy to dodge liability, taxes, paying decent wages, regulations, or all of the above.

PANAMA remains at the top of the list, with the most tonnage and number of vessels registered with the flag, by a long stretch.

https://lloydslist.maritimeintelligence.informa.com/LL1129840/Top-10-flag-states-2019

1 Like

Good. We should all have the right to tell people to fuck off.

6 Likes

Good. There’s something I’ve been wanting to say to you…

Nice hat

5 Likes

How dare you call attention to the fact that I wear a hat to hide my plucked spot! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sorry, that side effect was a bit of an accident. My intentions were good :slight_smile:

All is forgiven…

2 Likes

Good one

1 Like

Is that Kylie Jenner?

1 Like

But running on a moving platform is faster than running alone. :running_woman: