Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

ScreenHunter 156

This madman passed me and two other cars around a curvy mountain road. (this picture does not show how curvy the road really was when he passed us). On coming car? He did not care and forced the car to the shoulder. He eventually entered the right lane again.

Later we were at the same stop light about two miles away. He then blew through the next red light…all the while driving down the middle of two lanes…I guess easier to take up two lanes than just decide on using one.

Another two miles later we were parking and he was on the opposite side of the road getting out of his car. What was the very important, very urgent issue that caused him to drive so dangerously? Well, he was going to see some buds selling vegetables at a stall.

11 Likes

Is that dashcam photo?
Report his ass!

1 Like

He was playing GTA on a timed mission. He has 2 minutes to save Michael because he is being held by the Triad and has to find him with a blip on his phone. Because Trevor won’t save him as he just found out that Brad actually died instead of being locked up in prison.

6 Likes

Probably there’s an item behind the vegetable stand.

3 Likes

10 Likes

We sent a video to police. My wife…who is normally fairly calm…was really pissed so wanted to send.

I had trouble with the video sending to police. My video cutting software is old and all clear versions were too big to send. The police said the video we sent was too unclear to read the license plate. We then sent a picture but wife says feedback is that the video must be clear and photo cannot be used.

1 Like

This is kind of a common paradigm, those operators will be doing dual service. Presumably you’ll say “hello” and they’ll serve you in English. I guess you could argue that they should say something in English, but it may not be the most efficient.

1 Like

In Germany (famously known for not liking to speak English) operators answer the call with a tough ‘Good morning how can I help you?’ in English if you call dedicated extensions for English services.

2 Likes

In Germany the most stuff I hear (when asking why an order takes 2 weeks to process) is “he/she’s on vacation”.

I would love to be a worker in Germany… they seem to take a ton of vacations.

30 days of paid vacation days is pretty normal. But taxes are one of the highest in the world and salaries not that high mostly.

Probably a lot higher than Taiwan even after tax, and in Taiwan you get very little vacations.

Yeah, definitely not comparing to Taiwan! But comparing to US, UK, Switzerland, …

And Germany is quite similar to Taiwan in terms of needing to speak the language to participate in the society and workplace.

I just heard it’s hard to get jobs in Germany. Need a license for everything, even retail.

It’s usually up to the employer who they hire.
If you worked in the respective field before or have studied it, there’s no law hindering an employer to hire someone from a non-eu country.

Working in Germany has it’s advantages like good health care, public pension fund, a lot of holidays etc. On the other hand you’ve got a quite high cost of living, taxes and depending on where you’re going to live, high rents.

Parenting in Taiwan “Pandemic Hairdo”

3 Likes

The video really makes the hairdresser appear like some kind of hero for shaving a kid almost bald :man_shrugging:

This generation of parents seem to forget that it’s their kids who are going to be writing the history books.

1 Like

30 minutes to get a bubble tea delivery!

Oh my God LIFE IS TOO ROUGH in Taiwan.

The whole news reporting is wack because they could be reporting something like a comparison between people upset about family members dying, or maybe many more people dying, and people not getting their bubble tea as fast as before.

Good example of the media trivializing life in Taiwan and death. And reporting as such infers the impact is as important as not getting bubble tea within 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Ship and Dock Crane Collision in Kaohsiung

2 Likes

Amazing
Blind captain?