Wack Things In Taiwan 2021

The captain and officers must have shit themselves as they are level with the crane. I want to see the video from the ship !

These ships are so big it’s impossible to stop them moving at the last minute.

1 Like

Cash is still being used widely here during this period. Not great.

1 Like

Media here are generally…shit.

That’s why they are required to consider more than one minute ahead.
Unless that crane beam lowered suddenly in front of their bridge.
There is no much chance for other explanation of the incident than chabuduo, be it a crane operator’s or someone’s at the helm fault.

1 Like

Probably that’s what happened.

To me it looks like either the pilot or helmsman messed up or the company cheaped out on tugboats.

These ships react with a considerable amount of delay. Also, two hulls this close will create a strong suction force. The same force that pulled the freighter in the Suez canal into the embankment.

1 Like

These types of accidents seem to be happening more and more frequently recently in Taiwan.

Remind me of this Michael Turton’s editorial:

I just saw this commercial whilst watching the TV news. Does anyone else find this cringe and extremely annoying?

This new dating app advertisement is so annoying. I think it was created specifically for the likes of @tommy525! Lol

6 Likes

Someone caught a fish in Xinyi today - https://liff.line.me/1454987169-1WAXAP3K/v2/article/0zrYQz?utm_source=copyshare

3 Likes

Guys operating and working on those ships, as are the crane operators are literally paid brain surgeon salaries to work there. There should be no tolerance for chabuduo work.

Guess it’s raining cats and dogs… or catfish.

2 Likes

You can CNC these wonderful words on the bronze plates which should be installed in the port, railway construction sites, virology labs, you name it…

1 Like

Probably just someone who put a fish in a bag and said they caught it in Xinyi…

5 Likes

Holding an umbrella on a bike has always seemed dumb and dangerous, but when you have to put your foot in the water to pedal, there’s really no point.

7 Likes

Yeah that umbrella is not keeping those shoes dry.

Today’s one of those days I wish I was wearing those iconic blue slippers!

Guy

2 Likes

Mmm, just thinking of it makes me feel the invisible flood water debris briefly clinging to my foot before slowly peeling off, flowing away in the murky currents.

Was it from Ipair?

Fully cringeworthy! The comments and the rating on the video gives me some hope in humanity.

thumbs down

yea this is why I wear either blue slippers or sandals here. It keeps my feet dry and during unexpected rain it keeps my feet from developing trench foot.

Dry up here in northern Taipei