Wack Things in Taiwan 2023

It’s an animal-based plant-based meat analogue analogue with free cruelty.

3 Likes

I hate it when you have to pay for it…

2 Likes

Beware of lamas!

8 Likes

You cannot record cops faces now , but the 7/11 clerk is not a cop…

I guess there arent significant penalties here for faking Country Of Origin, and this is by no means the most ridiculous / blatant example I’ve seen, but its still a bit puzzling.

I mean, its the Zheng chang company
Why has it got JAPAN printed on it? Who is being fooled, and why?

OK, No Such Thing As Bad Publicity, but even so, specifically and bleedin obviously advertising your lack of integrity / stupidity (which seems to be what they are doing, or I’m missing something) seems a bit counter-productive.

Of course its not impossible that the Zheng chang company arranged production in Japan, but its unlikely enough to be implausible even if it were true.

As if sexual abuse doesn’t happen in all branches of Buddhism. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Probably every religion except Pastafarianism
images

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What can be done to help our SEA friends currently suffering

Great news. Whack part is the green tea flavor…

2 Likes

Fanta green tea???

I never knew Taiwan 7-11 had slurpees…don’t think I’ve ever seen any 7-11 in Taichung that has it from what I can remember…either that or I just really never noticed.

Green tea fanta actually sound pretty good

1 Like

The 7-11s in my area of Taoyuan have slurpees, but I swear the machines are always broken as soon as summer starts :man_shrugging:

I know they had them in Taiwan for a time but I never expect to actually get slurpees. It’s like trying to get McFlurry in the US, ice machine is always broken.

I think some companies who make the machine make the machine break easily because a large part of their revenue is from the service calls… in the case of McDonalds they were making 300 dollars per call, and that’s assuming they find nothing wrong with the machine or something they can fix with a software patch…

Greed literally hurts customers.

I remember Slurpees in Taipei until the mid-90s.

I always instantly become vegetarian for that day whenever anyone invites me to eat intestines, stinky tofu, or coagulated blood.

1 Like

All 7-11s used to have slurpees. I never noticed they were gone. I guess Family Mart’s soft serves killed it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: National public holidays calendar 2023

First time I’ve heard about a dead person being kidnapped… :thinking:

Well, there was Eva Peron, but no ransom was involved…

Upon further research, it appears the same thing happened to Charlie Chaplin.

1 Like

Just saw a lady with a T-shirt saying “I serve myself rat poison”…

16 Likes