Wack Things in Taiwan 2023

You can clearly see him covering his head with one hand while being beaten, which means he wasn’t restrained. It seems he was just sitting on the steps being uncomplying (perhaps not allowing the cops to handcuff him?) before he was beaten.

He was only restrained by the other cop after he was beaten and complied.

Interestingly the news makes no mention of the possibility of drug related rage. Current theory is Hulk was emotionally impaired by his girlfriend turning down his marriage proposal. You don’t say!

That’s the story the media is pushing. Poor Hulk, bad cop.

Cop was beaten too, BTW, bleeding lip and all.

4 Likes

A gym with a pool table? I like it!

1 Like

Where did this possibility of drugs come from?

If he behaves like that sober then he has some serious anger management issues.

4 Likes

It is the first thing that springs when such related issues happen, both locals or furriners. Intoxication of some kind.

Or given a certain stereotype, something also used for medical purposes and unfortunately, whispers tell of use among those who otherwise should be healthier.

Summary

Please do notice I am avoiding to mention what was already mentioned

That was abnormal behavior, drugs are a possible explanation

The news wouldn’t report on the possibility of drug involvement unless the police or a witness of the scene actually brought it up as a possibility.

1 Like

Could be, but it’s not the news reporter’s place to make such a speculation.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What the police will do to you in the US temp thread

Definitely 'roid rage

5 Likes

Cop is charged with assault…

6 posts were split to a new topic: Student worth NT$500 million dies 2 hours after same-sex marriage

New ramen just dropped…

https://www.gq.com.tw/article/台北-拉麵公子-大王具足蟲-濃厚魚介雞白湯拉麵

7 Likes

What the hell is that thing? A trilobite?

1 Like

Lunch…

3 Likes

Taiwan gets mentioned in the Wiki article:

Giant isopods are not usually fished commercially. However, other Bathynomus species can be found in the occasional oceanside restaurant in northern Taiwan, where they are boiled and typically served with rice.[2]

I see this and I think: my job just became harder…

And it lives in the Caribbean too. I lived there half my life, hell if I remember that! Least of all on a plate!

1 Like

First impression: looks gross. What the #@$& is that?

Second impression: that IS mostly coagulated/curdled blood, which is what it appeared to be.

Third impression (memory): 18 years ago, Tainan, local seafood restaurant. I ALWAYS let the "chef’ choose the meal. It was this! 麻辣鍋. They invited the lady at the tea shop next door who spoke English to confirm with me that I knew what I was ordering. Not willing to lose face, I agree that this was what I wanted. After completing the meal, it was about 15 minutes before the whole thing, the whole meal, came back up :face_vomiting:. The only bad Taiwanese food experience I’ve had, which is quite something (believe it or not).

4 Likes

To be fair, that congealed duck blood doesn’t really taste much like anything. The idea is a bit grosser than the reality.

1 Like

The first couple of times I had this, I thought it was just a tofu variant.

3 Likes