Waddlethon - Girl Streaming Her Walk Across Taiwan

Waddlethon is a current live video feed of a girl walking across Taiwan right now. She has walked ~700km so far.

It’s one of the most popular streams in Taiwan the last few days. Averaging around 10K constant viewers. People constantly stop her roaming around for a picture.

Streaming video is on Twitch where I watch it but might be available on multiple platforms.

I don’t know if she is Taiwanese but her English seems to be better than her Chinese.

She is receiving a fair amount ton of money from subscription and donations.

6 Likes

She’s Korean, which probably explains the popularity.

8 Likes

Is this the same woman who appeared in the different traffic threads, because no one would let her cross the road?

2 Likes

She already has 10,000 subs from this stream.

And thats anywhere from from US$2.50–$12.50 per sub income each per month.

Minimally, she now has US$25,000 a month coming in.

Plus, ongoing constant e-cash donations which are also doing quite well.

Subs continue anywhere from 4 months on to 12 and can be extended.

2 Likes

Here’s a picture from her live video stream.

1 Like

Looks like her.

So I guess little hope for a middle-aged Western man to get the same popularity from just walking.

8 Likes

Only if your name is Tom Cruise.

2 Likes

He’s sixty - does that count as middle-aged these days?

1 Like

Twitch popularity.

Twitch is full of lonely people, especially lonely nerdy guys, incels, etc.

Caveat: I am none of those :rofl:

2 Likes

It does make me wonder what a middle-aged guy has to do to get that level of passive income. I wonder if I were to sit in the middle of my farm, drinking beer, and grousing about the world at large, there’d be a subs market for it? Standup comedians seem to make a living out of doing pretty much that.

4 Likes

Just knowing what Twitch is makes you suspect. :thinking:

5 Likes

Dividend investing.

3 Likes

Only if your name is Tom Cruise.

4 Likes

yeah, but you need money for that. Any suggestions for a skint middle-aged man?

Can you also squeak like a dolphin? Thankyewthankyewthankyewxiexiexiexie

Its a matter of time before she go to one of “those” countries where men dont just do the “shy stalking” and she gets the idea of maybe getting a job eventually? I mean when you are young u wanna “stand out” so i am sure its fine with her

Besides being a pretty girl means u can just “stare” at a camera and get a million views
Dont believe me?
There is a youtube channel called "Magibon ". Look it up,It was quite popular when i was young in the starting days of young people getting onto online fame stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, but you may need to be Canadian… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Right now she in Jingliao, trying to make it to Xinying.

Still a long way to go maybe 10km on a small road with little lighting.

Dangerous.

There is a woman talking to her in Chinese and Taiwanese and she doesn’t really understand.

The woman it talking loud, typical Taiwanese level, and she is complaining.

2 Likes

I dunno, sounds like she’s currently making a decent living. She’s providing entertainment, and people are paying for it: that’s a job, isn’t it? Good for her to be motivated enough to head out and try something a little bit different.

5 Likes