Watch LIVE: President Donald J. Trump Makes Special Announcement at Mar-a-Lago - 11/15/22

So Trump did not try to obstruct justice and Mueller’s report was all bullshit? Trump did not blackmail a foreign government to get dirt on his opponent? That’s all bullshit? Right…

And yet Mueller concluded he could be indicted.

Mueller could barely string a full sentence together.

1 Like

Russiagate was in flow well before that and never stopped. And as noted above, it was total bullshit, yes. Again, you’re ignoring that and looking only at Trump. Nuance

3 Likes

Can’t accept the results then discredit the counsel? Director of the FBI for over a decade, lawyer, Marine…and you believe Trump over him. Doesn’t get more cult-ish than that.

No I’m just able to see the larger picture that the investigation was in fact about Russian interference and not just Trump. And that the Trump campaign was working with people they shouldn’t have been. Getting caught red handed is not the Dems fault.

“Three years ago when I left office….”

And people defend this guy. He can’t even do basic math. How many thumbs do you have? I’ll give you a hint. It’s one more than your Johnson.

Nothing to do with that. I don’t believe any politician. If Trump had committed indictable offenses, he would’ve been indicted.

1 Like

How many presidents have been indicted?

1 Like

Irrelevant.

Unfortunately that’s not the way the system works. Trump has been delaying court cases since before he became President. In fact one has just started to see some light. That started in 2015. Trump has a history of using the appeals court to run the clock on lawsuits against him.

I guess making shit up and deceitfully pushing it to the FBI to advance their Russia narrative was not their fault either? Promoting it constantly through propaganda well before any findings at all, which amounted to very, very little. Almost nothing if we go over every item, which we could. Nothing that justified a constant undermining stream of recriminations that were very damaging to our country. I would say that someone who seeks to justify that must hate democracy themselves, actually.

“That’s not the correct way to say it,” Mueller said. “We did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.” That statement was more in line with his report, and with his earlier opening statement to the Judiciary Committee, where he said, “Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the President committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today.”

2 Likes

No, it’s not. Andrew Johnson could’ve been indicted. Nixon could’ve been if he wasn’t pardoned. Warren G. Harding probably should’ve been indicted. This all goes back to norms.

1 Like

Would not…is not the same as could not.

Key verb form is: did not

1 Like

As no president ever has been. Nor has the 25th amendment ever been used. That does not mean as you said previously that Trump did not do anything illegal.

Let me reemphasize that this all happened to a legitimately elected president in direct contradiction of the legitimately expressed democratic will of the people. It was an expression of anti-democratic entitlement and a travesty for our country. Trump deserves a second chance on that basis alone actually. If it happens–because he’s legitimately elected again!–that’s fine.

2 Likes

Yeah I must have missed that part where TG said that.

1 Like

Thank you, I did not. But, what did Trump do that was illegal? We know about the impeachment.

Thankfully my memory serves me well.

Obstruction of justice comes to mind.

Criminal solicitation to commit election fraud. “Find me the votes”

Well see how the top secret documents turns out as well as other pending investigations.