WCIF minced lamb?

What is the best place to get ground lamb?

Have you tried the halal butcher near Guting station?
They have all sorts of lamb and should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you speak Chinese…

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Have you tried the halal butcher near Guting station?
They have all sorts of lamb and should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you speak Chinese…[/quote]
No, do you have an address or a phone number?

Wellman’s carries ground lamb, frozen, in convenient burrito-shaped rolls at a reasonable price.

Hmm, just called them, they say they don’t carry ground lamb.
Was it a long time ago you saw it or very recently.
Do you know the place thelostsweede is talking about?

Hmm, just called them, they say they don’t carry ground lamb.
Was it a long time ago you saw it or very recently.
Do you know the place thelostsweede is talking about?[/quote]

Maybe it said mutton instead of lamb, but I’m pretty sure I saw it, both a year ago (I even bought some!) and about 6-7 weeks ago. I bet they’re just out right now. I don’t know about the halal butcher, no.

OK, I will go there and check it out then. Thanks!

See this thread Halal meat in Taiwan
It’s this shop maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= … 3,1,-3.85

Thanks mate!

Just went to Mayfull in Neihu. They wouldn’t sell me 1/2 Kg of ground lamb, only 3KG. So I took that. 3Kg for 600NT$ I can live with that!!! :slight_smile:

You sure that it’s lamb and not mutton or something else? That sounds way too cheap…

Well, I said lamb and she said yes, I didn’t double check with her to make sure she wouldn’t give me mutton.
I’ll let you know when I taste it.

I tried to search minced lamb but nothing came up. I am sure Tienmu, will have sth to offer, but can I find any downtown or in Neihu (more accessible for me)??. I have a ‘Keema’ craving now.

Thanks

[quote=“divea”]I tried to search minced lamb but nothing came up. I am sure Tianmu, will have sth to offer, but can I find any downtown or in Neihu (more accessible for me)??. I have a ‘Keema’ craving now.

Thanks[/quote]

Often when no matching results come up, it’s because you used the default ‘search for all terms’. For instance, the actual threads may say ground lamb and not minced. So it’s better to run the search a couple different ways – try “Search for any terms”, or try ‘lamb’ only (to avoid all the ground beef hits), for instance, choose only the Food forum (not WCIF), and this is what you get:
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/search.php?keywords=lamb&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=98&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

The post there on Mayfull sounds like a good source for you, as it is in Neihu:

viewtopic.php?p=934762#p934762
mayfull.com.tw/

I bet you won’t find any.
BUT, Costco has this weird cut of boneless lamb that they sell, it’s sort of like a boneless cross cut of an upper shank.
It’s actually brilliant, I like to barbecue them, although that ends up being way too much lamb-ness for my local wife and half-local kid.
It’s really nicely marbled and all, I bet they’d throw it in the grinder for you.
'cos otherwise all you’re likely to find are overpriced frozen little lady-finger chops from NZ.

And then tell me what street corner I need to go to to pick up my Keemas… :lick:

Was it good???

Actually, it was. Mind you I did a Serbian recipe which calls for different ground meat together, veal/lamb/pork. So I didn’t tasted just the lamb. But my recipe, Cevapcici, was great. :laughing:

1 Like

sorry DB. The mayfull place sounds neat. Will give it a try.

Chief, I can post a simple and easy recipe. :laughing:

If 3 kg is too much for your freezer, just ring me next time and I’ll take 1 to 1.5 kg off your hands. :smiley:

Damn it, I remember it used to be really easy to buy this in Tesco, before the feckin’ Frenchies took over (to use a chief-ism).