We have karma!

I think this karma thing might also be a good indication of how much time some of you waste online.

two cents.

No problem. You only get the ‘karma for giving away’ when you get given 1 point for every post or whatever it is. So if you had two accounts it wouldn’t help you at all.

Brian

Will all Karma transfers show up? I liked it better when I could donate Karma anonymously (sp?). I’ve been meaning to donate some Karma for a while but find it too embarrassing if it will show up in te Karma transfer.

Iris

Iris,
Send me the karma. I’ll pass it on for you. No questions asked. :wink:

Thanks Salmon but somebody else was faster with this kind of offer :wink:

Can I get back to you in case of further need? :wink:

Thanks Iris

Double post, please delete!

Sorry
Iris

Thanks Salmon but somebody else was faster with this kind of offer :wink:

Oh, and it wasn’t Daltongang nor Miltownkid!

Can I get back to you in case of further need? :wink:

Thanks Iris

I put $100 in the karma lottery a while ago. So when’s the draw?

Yeah the Karma Goose is getting fat.

Now, I love the idea of karma and all (and I plan to give away 100 karma points to some newbies so they can feel loved when I reach my 200 mark), but this being Taiwan, why can’t we call them guanxi points? I think that’s a more accurate name for them. Karma, you get back when you donate it. Guanxi, you get rid of when you give it to others, from what I understand of the term.
Albeit, there’s not been a call for a change of names, but I am interested in others’ ideas for a more accurate name that reflects the fine island of Taiwan.

What are some other cool names for what we call karma points?

This is a great idea!

If we continue to use Karma in the next upgrade (hopefully later this month), I’ll look to possible rename it to Guanxi

cheers,

Love it!!! :laughing:

Great idea.

But how about using “face” instead? With “face” points, we can “give others face” or “receive” face from others.

yeah, but guanxi is all about relationships and back-scratching. I have given a few karma points to those who posted helpful and prompt responses to me even though it wasn’t more than a drop in the bucket for them. Besides, the whole point is to give it to others, not to keep it for yourself. And the longer you are here and the more you say, the more you build up your guanxi in the segue community. Plus the gangster titles you earn as you post so many times fit the idea of guanxi better than face.

But you cannot “give” someone guanxi. But you can give and receive face… and depending upon how that comes around and goes around, face is had. And “face” is perhaps the best gift that you can give someone, at least in this (Taiwanese-Chinese) culture.

Also, guanxi is something that exists between two individuals, and is not necessarily relevant to the entire community. Face, however, is something that a person has or gives in front, so to speak, of the entire community

But anyway, I think guanxi and face are both better than “karma”.

karma is not all bad word no?
You can add Sutra to it:)

ax

and ‘chameleon’

But face wouldn’t work. When you give face, you recieve face. Everyone would have so much face that they wouldn’t fit through the door. Definitely karma or guanxi…

I like “guanxi,” but why not something more tangible like Segue Taiwan Dollars (STDs)?

karma sutra chameleons?

whatever you say mate

I like kuanghsi more than face, because kuanghsi points sounds like brownie points