Weetbix Equivalent in Taipei?

Does anyone know if one can find something similar to the cereal ‘Weetbix’ in Taipei?

Thanks!

They sell actual Weebtix at Carrefour.

3 Likes

Really? I’ve only ever seen the nasty Australian knock off one. Oh actually, by the spelling maybe op is talking about the knock off. In that case, go wild.

That’s the good one! :rofl:

2 Likes

3 Likes

They also sell actual Weetabix at Carrefour too.

4 Likes

Not as cheap as in New Zealand, but I to your house

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

I think it’s reasonably easy to find. It’s often in Carrefour supermarkets, maybe at Jason’s, and also at different organic / health food stores.

Caveat: I have zero knowledge of different types of Weet-Bix or relative quality. I don’t like the one available here, but as far as I know that’s the only one I’ve tried.

1 Like

Hey thanks so much for the welcome !
Wow I’m so suprised, are the prices really high because it’s imported or are they typically decently priced ?

Not Weebix but I saw some cereal school packs at Costco.

At around 300 something it’s not worth it for a bunch of sugar bombs.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that one in a Carrefour store for ages, if at all. The blue one is fairly common though. Bought some a couple of days ago at the Zhishan branch.

I used to buy both blue and yellow in Jason’s from time to time, but the latter tends to be (more) overpriced.

Both were available on Shopee last time I checked.

2 Likes

You know you’re not supposed to eat it dry, yeah?

1 Like

Add milk and then a couple spoons of sugar

1 Like

What’s your problem with the Australian one? I don’t notice much difference, personally.

1 Like

It’s not awful, but I can taste the difference.

Nasty may have been too strong a word

2 Likes

I feel like the blue one may go mushier faster and the “biscuits” are a bit smaller, but it’s also 24 in a pack rather than 12 and IIRC a fair bit cheaper. I don’t have it often, but I find both okay when I do buy them.

1 Like

Eh, I’m not going to say it’s bad - just not to my taste. But most cereals have a time window when the milk is softening the crunch a perfect amount, before it gets too soggy. With the Weetbix I’ve had here, that window is about 0.5 seconds.

One the rare occasions I’ve had it (I think as gifts / surpluses from my wife’s co-workers?), I find it better with yogurt. But still not good enough to buy it myself.

2 Likes

because its imported.
in carrefour its ~300 nt for 500 gram pack.

1 Like

Ha, apparently we’ve gone through this before …

2 Likes

The blue one was NT$195 a couple of days ago, which I think is around normal. (I wouldn’t buy it if it was NT$300 either.)

1 Like