What apps save you the most time in TW?

QR Code scanner… :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I will be honest, LINE is probably a major reason of the horrible work culture here. It’s great to keep in contact with friends, but I hate how it has succeeded the e-mail.

5 Likes

I really hate how Line compresses images/videos to a terrible quality.

This is also why I like Telegram messenger. You can choose the quality you send on videos and files can be up to 2 GB.

1 Like

If you choose to send a file and not a picture/video, I believe you can send it in the original quality. Not sure what the limit is though.

1 Like

I share your sentiment. Most horrible of all are the Line groups, which veer between people freaking out over details, crushing politeness, and endless emojis. No escape from it unfortunately. I have a few surfer friends who don’t bother with it, but I’ve seen their obliviousness get them into trouble.

2 Likes

Tell me about it, in work chat groups I can’t help but literally lol when people actually take screen shots or pictures of e-mails from their phones and forward them into those groups. M’lady, the button you are looking for is the “Reply all” button.

Lately, after arriving home, I just leave the phone in a separate room or just turn on sleep mode/Digital Awareness early to mute everything. You just need some time to disconnect.

2 Likes

Why are people still using Pleco when Google Translate exists?

Is anyone using this app?

I think you can use it instead of getting a fapiao receipt and then it will tell you if you win

2 Likes

Yeah, you can use this. Just need to register first and then most businesses can scan the barcode to this and it will save your receipt to the cloud. It will automatically notify if you win anything in the receipt lotto too. There are also extra winning numbers exclusive to these cloud saved receipts. I haven’t used this one but there are a couple of others you can use too.

Some of my friends use the 雲端發票 app instead.

You can also scan your printed receipts too and it will notify when one of your “printed” receipts win, although you still need to actually present the physical receipt in this case.

1 Like

Yes, all the time. Really convenient - can place the barcode in the Today View of iOS (can enable access without having to enter the code) and then just need to swipe right on the homescreen to show it.

Fapiaos arrive between 2h and 10h after scanning.

You can add your mobile code to Google Pay as a loyalty card.
Now I only need my phone to do all the tasks.

Show them my e-invoice mobile code. Google Pay with my card of choice.

You can also set up your e-invoice winning to go automatically to your bank account.
https://www.einvoice.nat.gov.tw

3 Likes

That’s really useful. Just set it up.

So do you guys use the iBON app? How useful is it?

It can translate texts without leaving the app you are in.
Their floating widget has saving me quite some time after Google Translate removed that function from their app.

When you mark the text and the copy/paste menu comes up, press the three dots on the right and you can translate.

Then there are also settings button on the top left, there you can enable the bubble.

(This is on Android 11, Pixel 5)

2 Likes

There are a couple of issues with it:

1. It doesn’t work on Line or any other app where you can’t select the text.
  2. When the bubble is on, it it always on top. Pleco at least is small and transparent.
  3. You can’t get a translation jumping word to word as Pleco allows you to do.

There is a discussion on that here:

I use the invos app. It’s more much simpler for me

And it looks like if u use digital fapiao barcode (the cashier will scan the barcode and not print the printed reciept), you will got another chance for special prize

1 Like

It’s weird when I send a business client a message and they reply with a sticker.

My time saving apps:
My banks’ apps. Surprised no one else mentioned it. That was a big change from going to the ATM or plugging in a card reader to make a payment.
LINE Pay, easy to use and accepted widely
Swipe+Dragon (wife: What? me: I’m talking to the phone)
Google Translate
Uber
OK Prepaid, Taiwan Mobile’s app
Feedly, newsreader

Those are the ones that save time. There’s several others I use often.

2 Likes

For sure. I turned off the notifications for most of the groups I’m in.